1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it ok to identify as a bisexual in this case?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MyLittleWorld, May 3, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm biromantic lesbian and I came out to some people as bisexual to avoid explaining them how romantic orientation works.

Now I'm thinking that maybe it's wrong for true bisexuals who love and are attracted to both genders. Is it wrong..?

P.S I posted this into another forum by accident, sorry. :icon_redf

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

You are like one in a certain aspect that you could have an emotional relationship with both. Don't feel bad about identifying as one just to get a foot out of the closet. Many people do that to transition into saying they are gay. I think it's fine that you said you were bisexual. You are one in the sense of romance, just not the sexuality part. The time will come when you should probably be honest and start explaining it to people, though.

3. SkylarRain

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is okay at first(a lot of gay/lesbian people come out as bisexual before they come out as gay or lesbian) however you should tell them eventually(saying that you are bisexual in this case is part of the truth and it feels a lot easier to tell them the whole truth so that you aren't hiding any of yourself from them.)
    Hope this helped:slight_smile:

4. Linux Lenny

The first time when I came out to myself I thought that I am heteroromantic homosexual or maybe bi , but after that I realized (in my case) that the sexual and romantic orientation must be aligned so I deceided hat I am simply gay and my attraction to girls was more ''wishing' than real attraction . So it is ok to come out as bi and maybe then gay/lesbian or maybe to avoid explaning to people.

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I knew what is that sexual attraction I could understand myself faster I guess. It is weird because first I felt romantic attraction to guys and I always have been attracted to females sexually like you. And now I'm just kinda lost

6. Linux Lenny

I think sex is a very big factor in any love relatioship . Of course it is possible to have sex with someone even if you dont love them but it is difficult to be in love with someone without being attracted to them sexually .
    Of course I speak for myself ,it is not a general rule because you can find people who separate between sexual and romantic attractions .