1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hunter427, May 4, 2014.

1. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So here I am again asking for help because I'm a confused hormone filled 14 year old. Like I've said before I'm confused about my sexuality whether I'm gay or straight or even somewhere in between. But I can't stop thinking about it, I just keep feeling depressed and down for even having these thoughts. Now personally I could be okay with being anything I wanted to but since I'm confused I'm not totally sure who I am. My real question is it normal to be super depressed during this period of figuring out my sexuality? I mean I look at some of my peers who have boyfriends/girlfriends and start thinking that if I'm gay I'll never be like them, and even though I say I'm fine with being whatever I want when I get depressed I just feel like I'm a freak for having these emotions and that I shouldn't exist. I also feel like I'm lying to everyone I know and can't do anything about it because I don't know who I am. I'm not really one to complain about my problems to others I usually try to fix them myself but this one is to big to handle by myself I guess so please help out. Thanks for responses in advance. :bang::help::confused::icon_sad::eusa_liar

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me ask you this.

Tomorrow morning you are going to be woken by a man in a black suit. He is going to open a briefcase and pull out some forms. He throws a passport at you and tells you to read it.

You open the passport and see your picture. Next to it is written the name "Jimmy Princess Dykeman".

The man hands you a pen and tells you to sign a form. You tell him you won't and that you don't understand what he wants. The man tells you that if you DON'T sign the form, his associate is going to break your legs, then when they heal he will break them again. He will keep breaking them until you die. By signing the form you sign away your old name and become "Jimmy Princess Dykeman" for the rest of your life.

How do you feel about this?

Perhaps that sounds like a stupid question, but I will explain it. How often do you think about the importance of your name? Probably not a lot, it's just something you've had since before you started making memories (probably before you were born) and yet all of a sudden, through no fault of your own, you are now being dragged into this changed identity whether you like it or not. That would be pretty upsetting, right?

Now ask yourself the same thing about your sexuality. Most people never question it, it's just assumed you are straight until proven otherwise. Now, through no fault of your own you are being forced to question your identity. It might not feel like a big part of you most of the time, you may not have even thought about it much before now, but it can have some massive effects on how you live your life.

In other words, YES it is perfectly normal to be depressed about it.

3. jargon

That previous post was such an elaborate, absurdly awesome response I don't know that I can add to it. :lol:

But for reals, I think most people deal with some kind of depression - greater or lesser - while struggling with their sexuality. My experience was that eventually some things happened in my life that made me stop thinking about it, and once that constant stress was gone, it was suddenly a lot easier to figure out who I was.

4. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay thanks and that post was freaking awesome XD! I'm still trying to figure everything out but I'm hoping that I'll know sometime soon because I dislike having to question myself constantly. Thanks again for the answers guys!

5. lowkey

lowkey Guest

Ok, ill break it down i suppose,

what happens when we feel depressed?
    when depressed it is because there is Inner Conflict, an imbalance in our pysche(soul), lack of understanding.

Inner conflict is when there is a thought from your imagination that is stuck and does not connect(does not properly fit like a puzzle piece that is wrong does not fit) with your true feelings(for example, your bodies sexual attraction )

Ok so, just for perspective. If you found out you Were in fact gay, are you goingto accept it and Commit to your true identity (providing that when you recognize as Solely gay, You Love the sexual and possibly romantic dreams with another males.)?

Or are you goingto continue the search to find out if you are one hundred percent gay still Despite having anxiety of woman and happiness with men?

i believe you know the answer to your sexuality more than you put on paper, and they Key to happiness is to rock the sexuality you are with Entire Pride. there is ONLY one way to overcome the concept of being gay, and that is to Like being gay.

consider in this world, silver is extremely common and inexpensive, and diamonds are rare and more expensive. we are the rare and unique breed :wink:

6. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not exactly sure what I'll do if I do really find out I'm gay...I've never really thought about the "after I figure everything out". I know I have got myself fantasying more about men then women but I just figured it was all a phase until I started questioning my sexuality. On one side I might come out to a few close friends but that's about it until I get older but on the other hand I might try and deny it until I truly absolutely know. I guess I'm also afraid that people are going to look at me different with the feminine voice and the loose hand. (I don' understand that part of being gay at all actually I mean I know there is no way to act "gay" but that makes no sense to me I guess) I would hate if people looked at me differently just because I liked men instead of women. My worst fear though is that if I am gay my best friend will hate me because he says he doesn't like gays. I couldn't handle that I'm already anti-social enough. So again I'm either super confused or so far in denial that I think I'm confused.