1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to change

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GayNurse95, May 6, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in my senior year and dressing in the opposite gender's clothes. I feel much more comfortable with it, being female with heavily male tendencies. I am at last in a comfortable place. I did cross dress earlier in life, but was forced to be cis and "Straight". I had dressed male like in seventh and eighth grade. I was switched back after not being "Feminine" enough.
    Except for one thing.
    I have the inkling my step mom will try to change me into girly clothes again. And my dad will make me ditch the clothes because its "unnatural". I really don;t want to lose my established masculinity.
    How do I keep it?
    What if they get me into counseling?
    What if they insist on wearing girly clothes?
    How do I deal with their critisms of not being "female" enough?
    How do I tell them how I feel?
    How do I approach it to non-gay unaccepting parents?

2. Tetra

If you're in your senior year, then you're almost 18 aren't you? I've been fairly lucky with my parents not minding what I wear. There's only been one mention of it in my life from then, which is surprising, considering how much everything else bothers them.
    If you're soon turning 18, they can't make you do anything. They may not approve of they way you express yourself, but they can't make you change it.
    You feel comfortable this way, so why change it? I'm sure with time, and them realizing that they can't do anything about it, they'll learn to accept you. Even if they don't, it's their loss. Clearly they weren't meant to be parents if they'd choose not to accept their own child because of the way they choose to dress. That would be incredibly superficial, and just unacceptable.