1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone be bi and then..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NicoletteChris, May 6, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

Can somebody at first think and identify as bi and then slowly begin warming up to and liking the same gender more and not like the other anymore or are people who eventually identify as gay but were once bi were always gay in the first place they just never knew?

I think about this a lot and it makes my head hurt.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Why not?
    I think it was the case when I was about to search "for myself".
    I thought I was bi. No, I wanted to be bi. To be a bit less weird.

3. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah that happened to me too. Surprisingly though now that I've settled I feel a lot more free to make friends with girls now that I don't feel pushed by the world to feel more when I don't really want to.

4. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think maybe a lot of people identify as bisexual first to make it seem more "socially acceptable" or they really just aren't sure or are confused. I think maybe this may be a reason why bisexuality seems to have a bit of a negative light shed on it sometimes...

5. raindrops

raindrops Guest

I am in the process of discovering so much more about my attraction to women than I ever knew before. I wonder sometimes if I'm one day going to have a completely exclusive attraction of the same sex...and I have always identified as bisexual. (*hug*)

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ofcourse it can happen. It happened to me. Sometimes it is our inner thing to please society and it takes time to stop doing what is expected of us.

Most of the time (at least it was like that for me) girls date guys because it is "normal". The thing is something will be missing and that's where questioning begins... When you first find out that you are attracted to same sex your process of accepting yourself just have started. And it takes time (everyone is different) to fully accept it. And it's just really normal thing to go through. It is not the most fun time but believe me it's worth it.

So anyway, you are not alone don't worry about it so much. I know you think it's easy for me to say but now I'm going through the same thing and I know how it feels. It takes time. Good luck :slight_smile:

7. lovely lesbian

Yea of course happened to me