1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about everything

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by movingcircles, May 7, 2014.

1. movingcircles

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I'm really confused about my sexuality. Up to this point I've only been with men. I got out of a three year relationship about six months ago...I'm 21. Up to this point with men I can enjoy sex but I don't find their bodies very attractive. I don't feel that compulsion to explore their whole bodies. The only men I really find attractive are the model looking guys who are always painfully full of themselves to the point I can't stand them. Other guys I like their personality but I'm not sexually attracted. I've always thought women were overall more attractive. With men it's strictly model looking types I find sexually attractive where as I find curvy or skinny women attractive. I like blonde brunette red. I find some butch women attractive but lean more towards femme looking. Pretty much there's more variety in the type of women I find attractive. However, I've never really had much experience with girls. I was kissed by a girl once but personality wise I was not interested at all. Kissing her was no different than kissing guys that I'm not interested in. I've tried to go on dating sites to meet women so I can figure it out but all I keep getting is people wanting me to have a three way with them and their boyfriend. Whether I am lesbian, straight, or bisexual I am strictly looking for that person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I am confused because I have been more attracted to women than men for as long as I can remember. My first high school crush was a girl...However she was straight. But I am confused because I don't find men disgusting and I don't want to be labeled as bisexual. And I am also confused because it is hard to find other lesbian women if you don't live in a huge city where there are lgbt groups and gay/lesbian bars, etc. So opinions on anything I just said would be great as well as suggestions on how I can meet some lesbian women so I can find out for sure.

2. A nebula

Why dont you want to be labeled as bisexual. Its just a label you dont even have to go by it. if you do like both boys and girls then theres no reason go against that.

Also idk if you're against it but online dating helped me quite a bit

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww confusion about sexuality is very annoying! I can't tell you what your sexuality is really. I do find some girls attractive, but also some guys. Although pictures won't do it for me, it's also about the personality.

But I am confused because I don't find men disgusting and I don't want to be labeled as bisexual.

I'm pretty sure there are not many lesbians that find men disgusting. And there are more things than straight, bi, gay. Do you know Kinsey? He assigned numbers to different types of sexual orientation. For instance 3 is "Equally heterosexual and homosexual" where 4 is "Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual".

I hope that some lesbian women from EC will help you. (*hug*) I hope my comment helped a little.

4. movingcircles

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I just don't like what people connect with being bisexual. They act like bisexuals are ok with three ways and not being monogamous in relationships and that's just not me. They also act like bisexual women are gonna end up with a guy and they are just messing around with girls to act out in a way. I've tried online dating but I just get emails everyday asking if I'll have a three way with some girl and her boyfriend. I am really leaning towards I prefer girls because I am more attracted to them and I feel I can have a deeper and more honest relationship with a woman.

5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand what you mean. Because some use bisexual as a bridge to gay/lesbian, it's hard to tell who truly is bisexual. You're indeed right about "we cannot be trusted" part, I've read that as well. Sometimes I want to be either straight or gay, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

I am really leaning towards I prefer girls because I am more attracted to them and I feel I can have a deeper and more honest relationship with a woman.

You might be a Kinsey 4 or 5. However, you know exactly how you feel. If you're not comfortable with the label "bisexual", don't use it! If you will meet someone you love, you can always tell her/him how you really feel in fact. (*hug*)

So what is it you're confused about? To me it seems like you're quite clear about it. (*hug*)

6. movingcircles

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm confused because I grew up in small towns in wisconsin where there weren't all that many out of the closet gay people and I've never really had a chance to find out for sure. I mean I've never even kissed a girl I really like. I'm afraid that the idea of being with a girl is completely different than what it would actually be like.

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see your point. I never kissed a guy, but I did kiss girls. So, in fact, I'm not even sure what it's like too. So you don't know for sure, and that's why you want to find out? Fair enough to me. Is there any LGBT-group where you live now?

I'm sure many can help you (they just don't seem to be online right now :slight_smile: ), I'm not familiar with LGBT-groups so I can't help you with that.

So opinions on anything I just said would be great as well as suggestions on how I can meet some lesbian women so I can find out for sure.