1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by snowfox, May 7, 2014.

1. snowfox

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi my main reason for being on this site is that I am unsure of whether I am bisexual or pansexual. I understand no one on here is physic but if I give you some basic information can someone please give me some advice. I have never had a long term relationship with someone of any gender, I do not like the idea of losing my virginity in a drunken one night stand, it says to be pansexual you are attracted to people for personality more than looks which is true in my case, it also says that you are attracted to transgender but to my knowledge I have never properly known or at least been close to a transgender.
    Any advice or help would be appreciated thanks for reading

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've got the wrong idea here I think :slight_smile:

The difference between pan and bi-sexual tends to be the inclusion of non-binary genders (although this has been debated long and hard and we won't go into it again here...)

Point is 'bi' means two, as in 'potential for attraction to members of 2 genders' and pan means 'all' as in 'potential for attraction to members of all genders'.

Neither of those things really have anything to do with one night stands or personality over appearance.

3. Jim1454

At 15 I'm not sure it matters - you don't have to nail this down yet. Not having been in a long term relationship at that age isn't really something to worry about either. And the difference between the two that you are wondering about are fairly subtle.

What is good is that you're at least aware that there are possibilities for orientation other than 'straight' - something that I don't think I was really open to when I was 15. So good for you! Beyond that, I would try not to worry about it.