1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any lesbians that like a little attention from boys ( middle school high school)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Karabeara, May 9, 2014.

1. Karabeara

I'm not talking about the perv guy across the bar that keeps sending you drinks even though you told him you're not interested. I'm saying when you were a teenager did you like having a guy look at you and say " wow you're pretty ". Or did you ever try to like draw attention by wearing push up bras or putting on a little makeup to cover that huge zit? I don't know if its low self esteem or an attraction to guys but unless they are one of the few guys I'm comfortable around I don't necessarily want to feel pretty just not ugly. I just want to feel like when people look at me they think oh she's nice looking. Did you guys ever feel this way?

#1 Karabeara, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I felt this way and I sometimes do even now. My biggest problem was low self esteem..

3. Rainbowchild

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always present myself as beautiful as I want, but being called pretty is a physical feature anyone can have. It's what's inside that truly makes a person beautiful.

4. BelleFromHell

I have low self-esteem, but I can't stand it when men hit on me.

5. Karabeara

What about like trying to impress them a little?

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm an adult, but even at that age I hated gaining attention from men. I actually used to try to look stereotypically 'ugly' so guys wouldn't bother me.

7. MoonChildTifa

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sometimes dear sister you don't want to be alone so you allow a gentlemen to comfort you and your pain naturally sometimes we love complements whom ever they come from or just to feel appreciated, and adored

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This was me then too, except I wasn't allowed to do certain things appearance wise because my parents were religious fundamentalists.

9. Karabeara

I'm not like wearing short skirts or tons of makeup or anything 'slutish' just so you know. :dry:

10. IsThisAName

Yes, to an extent. I have a guy friend who is super sweet and always calls me "darlin'" and while I don't usually get butterflies from it, it makes me smile and I enjoy the attention, though I know that I wouldn't sleep with him if given the chance. We're human, we enjoy attention, and if the guy is non-creepy then it's less of a turn off. I used to have this same question but I think it's completely normal, don't worry about it :slight_smile:

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That wasn't my assumption.

12. Beetle

I don't like being hit on by men where they're trying to get something out of me, but I'm fine with regular compliments from anyone. I don't dress to impress so it makes me feel nice.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I use to like it because I have low self esteem and on top of that I have been taught by my mom that your value as a woman if guys are attracted to you . I like that the fact that a guy finds me attractive but I don't like the attention I wish I got it from women , it would be nice to have a lady flirt with me for once and one that wanted to date and have a relationship with me or even if she asked for my phone number .:icon_sad:

14. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    As a teen my choice of clothes and make up was more like an artistic thing than anything else because I made my own clothes and enjoyed the opportunity to display the finished pieces, so if a boy complimented my outfit I wouldn't mind but if he said I was pretty or something it made me a little uncomfortable because he was showing an interest in me. I was always unsure about wearing any skirt above the knee or any low cut tops in case males would try to come on to me. Also early on I got very put off by my dad's somewhat twisted views on the subject because in his mind all females (including underage ones) only dressed up if they were looking for sexual attention and all girls were like this, so from when I was about 11 he decided I was to old to want to play with kids toys anymore and bought me inappropriately revealing - and rather horrid - clothes (I never wore them) and a make-up set. Fortunately I wasn't in contact with him for most of my teenage years after that and my mum had much healthier views and actually has similar taste in clothes to me which was a relief because I don't know how well I would have coped otherwise.

15. Karabeara

This sounds kinda like me except for the dad thing and I where whatever ( self conscious so don't wear to low cut and only like really long hippie skirts ) because if a boy comes on to me I just ignore them. I don't feel uncomfortable if a guy likes me but I try to let them down easy because I don't like it either.

#15 Karabeara, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  16. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, yeah I do. I sometimes even flirt back, even though I have no interest in being with a man sexually or romantically.
    It's good for my ego, it's relatively harmless fun .... and it's probably mean of myself, flirting with those poor lads who'll think they have a chance. Oh well..