1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Name says it all...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Utterlyconfused, May 11, 2014.

1. Utterlyconfused

So I'm what I assumed to be a normal, healthy, straight guy but I recently started feeling confused as to how I was feeling, I've been a good-best friend with this guy I've known for years and we play water-polo together almost everyday of the week and see each other at school, I recently started feeling a bit differently towards this friend (Dreaming about us engaging in coitus may have had something to do with it) and I tried to elude to this feeling in a joking way (not upfront about the coitus part I'm not that certain) and got no vibes back leading me to conclude that he isn't gay himself.

I try my best to not put myself into situations where I may or may not become aroused around other guys because the only one I trust enough to experiment with is the aforementioned guy. I know people make fun of me on social media (I don't have the best "I'm not a rapist" face but IDK if they speculate about me being gay or not there) although I don't have any sort of social media myself I know it's a very hostile environment for anyone who is gay or even confused.

I'd just like a bit of advice on my situation, I know my family would be ok with me being gay if I indeed am but I'd like to know how some of you found out you were gay or how it was made clear to you about whether or not you were gay. I know this isn't very specific but I'm kinda going crazy here.:help:

2. HeavyHeart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It took me a long time to come to terms with being a lesbian. I didn't fully accept it until I was probably...21 or so. For me, I finally realized the attention I was seeking from men was only because I thought that's what I had to do. I finally let myself realize why it wasn't working with men, and actively tried to date women. Having sex with a woman definitely helped me realize I'm a lesbian...if you're ready for physical intimacy, i would suggest trying it with a man. You'll know if it feels right.

3. Jim1454

I'll suggest that you DON'T need to have sex with someone to conclude who you are attracted to. It will continue to make itself clear as time goes on. Try to relax and go with the flow to some extent.

I'm not the best to explain how you know one way or the other, because I was clueless when I was your age. I didn't really come to terms with my orientation until I was in my mid 30s. So good for you for questioning this now.

Stick around here if you'd like and read our stories and ask more questions. You've come to the right place.