1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to be safe on hook up apps

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by redfoxx, May 11, 2014.

1. redfoxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    im new to hook up apps and i wanna meet this guy for one night stand what do i do how where i need some advice btw im in the closet and he doesnt know,or my real name any advice

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best advice (which isn't what you want to hear)

-- Delete the app
    -- Don't do it.

I mean, if you are really convinced you want shallow, meaningless sex-for-the-sake-of-sex and are willing to accept the various risks that go with it, then hookup apps can be an option. But the truth is, most of the people here who have used them (or other means of doing hookups) have talked about feeling shitty afterwards, and the experience itself being empty.

If you decide you want to move forward, some basic safety:

-- Always meet in a public place first (Starbucks or something)
    -- Spend a few minutes talking and get a feel for the person and whether s/he seems trustworthy
    -- Always take your own vehicle to wherever you are going
    -- Be alert and aware if you are going to the other person's home
    -- Try to avoid consuming any food or beverage that you haven't persnoally poured yourself and hasn't been out of your site. Lot of date rape drugs used in these settings.

-- Above all PLAY SAFE. USE A CONDOM NO MATTER WHAT FOR ANY ANAL SEX. Don't get suckered into any excuses about how the guy is safe, or let him show you a test result, or convince you that you're the only one he's ever wanted to bareback with, or whatever. It's all bullshit. Anyone who wants to bareback, barebacks a lot, and puts you at high risk.

3. BelleFromHell

The title is an oxymoron. Giving up your body to a stranger is NEVER 100% safe, no matter what you do.

^^ I second what Chip said.

4. oliro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    dont meet him. just dont

5. lowkey

lowkey Guest

yeah i hooked up with a couple guys on ****** but WOW its so shallow, awkward, and forced. its much better meeting someone by chance in public. i literally couldnt get into it any time i used ****** (there ****** and ****** too) and its just goingto confuse you more about your sexuality. some people use it to just go on dates but still, you are left with that shallow and forced feeling.

when i just meet someone who is also gay by chance then the 'desire' kicks in

#5 lowkey, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014