1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So tired of life already

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jason1998, May 11, 2014.

1. Jason1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm so depressed don't know so confused. I don't know what to do anymore

2. gayangel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been dealing with depression for over a year now and it has cost my confident happy personality so I know where you are coming from and I'm sorry you are going through it right now.
    It is always hard to come to terms with your identity especially when what you feel feels wrong. It took me years to come to terms with accepting myself for who I was (I was raised in a religious cult and believed I was going to hell if I acted upon or entertained thoughts of homosexuality).
    What is specifically making you depressed (if you know)? Is it to do with your family or other exterior issues as well as an inner-turmoil? If so, what's important is coming to terms with being who you are for you and you alone. Think about what will make you feel comfortable with yourself. You to surround yourself with as much positive stimuli as you can (films, music, people etc) so as to start feeling less alone.
    I've been out to myself and the world now for only a little over two years and I will tell you it gets better.

3. Jason1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I am attracted to males and females slightly more males. I want toget married and have a family but I'm scared that it will end in divorce like thousands of others who tried this

4. somethinmissin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I joined this website because I am depressed. Legit, that was the reason. I have no issues with religion anymore- that was over a few years ago. What it took was not living with my family and having absolutely NO pressure put on me to be in a religious community.
    I found the writing on the following website (the part 1 part 2 part 3 bit) to be especially relatable several weeks ago. Even though I say I'm over the religion abuse thing, it still has its bitter aftertaste. I'll always want some kind of power I can trust in to save me, some kind of God to be forgiven by for my mistakes, and now I have no one but myself. Tough.

Religious Trauma Syndrome