1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just Wanted to Be Close to Her

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by spockbach, May 12, 2014.

1. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't you hate that feeling you get when you sit next to a friend of the same sex and can't think about anything but how good it would feel to just ... get super close to them? I always walk away feeling like a total moron, having said the wrong thing, maybe come on too strongly (although the worst I say is something along the lines of "yeah, I'm into girls") ... I just hate that so much. Wanting to touch someone but being afraid or not allowed to. Anyone else? It's just something that really, really stays with me.

I also just realized that this was posted in the wrong forum! Sorry, I meant for it to go into the friendship forum, not the identity one!

#1 spockbach, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. Noir

You're definitely not the only one! I've been worrying about the same exact thing for a while now. I agree, I hate that feeling of having done something wrong (even though we didn't!!) and I'm always worrying that if I'm caught flirting, I'll have been caught red-handed of something to be ashamed of. I feel guilty for the weirdest reasons or I'll dwell on it after an encounter with a girl if it didn't go as I'd hoped:icon_sad:

I need to work on it myself, but you shouldn't feel so bad about it :slight_smile: It's okay to like girls, and if you're comfortable enough that you don't mind telling people, you shouldn't be afraid to let others know your orientation just because it's different from their own. And remember, one of the nice things about being attracted to other girls is that we're naturally closer within our friendships than guys! :icon_wink Hopefully other girls shouldn't mind too much unless it's clear that YOU mind.

3. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks so much! I'm glad to be reminded that I'm not alone. It's too bad; this one particular girl is quite shy and quiet, and while she loves to talk with me and is perfectly comfortable sharing an embrace, to get really close - e.g., placing my head on her shoulder - would be wrong.

4. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, I know that feeling.
    I have a major crush on a friend of mine, and she always hugs me as a greeting... and I always want to lay my head on her shoulder, place my hands tightly around her waist, or even lower on her butt... and never let go.
    Of course that would be way off limits, since she's straight, but it's almost instinctual, I have to make conscious effort when hugging her NOT to cross that line, else it will happen.