1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xopinkox7237, May 12, 2014.

1. xopinkox7237

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I am a 19 year old girl and I just started college this past year. Over the course of this year I have made many close friends, one being a lesbian. I have questioned my sexuality before but kinda just put it to the side and it didn't feel too serious. I am really close to her and she tells me about her relationships and everything and i just became curious. I been thinking more and more into of me being gay over the course of this year and many things just make sense. I get super nervous around boys that i can barely talk to them and frankly it feels awkward. I have never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy, and I am still physically attracted to them. Like if i ever had the chance i would kiss one, but I have such an easier time talking to girls and slowly i am finding them more and more attractive. Right now I could not picture myself dating a boy, but i could picture myself marrying one, but i could also picture myself dating a girl right now, but not marrying her. I feel like i am slowly coming to terms that I am gay and i just need to get out of the mindset that i am not going to marry a man just because that is what i am in society terms supposed to do, but i am also scared that this is just a college phase. I could really use some advice right now if anyone can help.

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might also be bisexual, which is fine, too. :slight_smile: Maybe if there's a girl whom you like, you could try to go out? Or maybe ask yourself if you are genuinely attracted to women on a physical level? If not, it could be a phase... Sorry that I don't have much advice but just know that none of the possibilities (gay, straight, bi) are bad in any way. You'll figure it out; don't worry. :slight_smile:

3. Lipstick Leuger

You are young and in college. Date whoever you want and don't worry about it. You love who you love, you don't have to have a label either if you don't want to. My oldest just recently told me that she 'has stopped trying to define her sexuality". She is 22 and in college and I figured she was straight, because she thought she was at the time. So, I gave her the same advice. Date whoever you want, focus on that person treating you right. That is all.

4. AmiBee

Absolutely! Date whoever you want to. You don't need to label yourself now(or ever). And if you are bisexual, your attraction to men/women is not necessarily 50/50 and that's ok:slight_smile:

5. Kesha

Kesha Guest

You might be bi like I. I just rhymed. So on a serious note I think your bi

6. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was exactly the same way! You could be a bisexual as Gates suggested, which is not a bad thing! It sounds like you are just more romantically attracted to guys than girls, which was the same way I was. But ever since accepting it more and being more open about my sexuality, I've found that I can be romantic with guys and girls :slight_smile: Just take your time in figuring it out. Don't rush into things. And you don't necessarily have to label yourself :slight_smile:

I hope that helped a tiny bit :slight_smile: