1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know I am gay...but

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aspie musician, May 12, 2014.

1. Just wondering.Feel a bit of a stronger '' emotional buzz'' when I talk to women these days.And having more opposite sex fantasies (do not really crave it in reality though).This has been happening while going with the flow...

I can not really see myself with a woman long term though...

Some girls are so pretty though...

Not really sure what all of this means,since I have been primarily attracted to men most of the time.I do not really want that to change at the moment since I recently felt I accepted and found closure on the issue...

Thing is : As time goes by,opposite sex attraction becomes stronger :/

Not sure what this means.

2. IG88

That's strange. Is it possible you're bi? Maybe as you age your Kinsey number starts sliding one way or the other.

3. Maybe...
    I know,its weird...
    I was so happy awhile ago,thought that I finally accepted myself.And then things happen that confuse the issue.Thing is my kinsey number seems to go more towards the middle as time goes by :/
    Have never had a girlfriend,but have felt the need.Quite a few crushes.Maybe I am over complicating things.Maybe I am just bi...

---------- Post added 12th May 2014 at 11:44 PM ----------

Yeah...
    Over complicating the issue

4. mangotree

Hey Aspie,

I think it's just a mild curiosity about what it would be like. I don't know for sure, but I would think it happens a lot with gay guys that have never been with a woman.

Also, I don't know any gay guys who aren't a little fascinated by boobs.

As you've eluded, don't worry about it until it happens (if it happens).

That is all.
    Peace be with you.

5. Thing is: the curiosity is there pretty often and it ranges from mild to strong :/
    I dont know anymore....Opposite sex fantasies are becoming more common these days...
    I wish I could say that I am gay with confidence...but feel uneasy when I identify myself that way.At first it feels liberating,then something happens and I am back where I started...

Should probably not worry about it too much though.

6. Reptillian

There is the possibility that your sexual orientation is changing. It's unlikely, but the fact that the brain can respond in so many ways when changes to it happens makes it a possibility for sexual orientation to change on it own.

#6 Reptillian, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  7. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate. Sometimes I'm happy to just say I'm gay and end all the questioning, but then I find a guy attractive and I start questioning again. Luckily I'm getting more and more sure of myself.

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally can relate to this. My partner and I convinced ourselves for *years* that we just didn't need men...one another was all we'd ever need. We assumed that "bisexual" meant simply "open to either"...not feeling actual needs for both.

But as we grew older, attraction to men has become increasingly strong. Not sure where it's going or what we'll do to cope with that yet...some ideas, but we're not there yet.

But I wanted to let you know that you're not alone and that your pattern is consistent with one bisexual's path (well, two really, counting my partner :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

9. Thanx for the comments

10. Definitely bi...

---------- Post added 14th May 2014 at 09:30 PM ----------

This sucks

11. Mmm...
    Feel better...
    Not sure why

12. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bi doesn't suck. :slight_smile: It can really be quite nice.

13. Shanemallow

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You may be going thru a change in sexual orientation. You might be turning bi. If you are bi you can still be attracted to guys

14. Well,the way I am feeling now,I feel confident enough to refer to myself as bisexual,without feeling uneasy.I think I always knew I was,was never REALLY confused and just over complicated the issue.

In any case feel that I really found a sense of peace with it all today,after chatting with someone.

I cant just try and fit into the straight or gay categories,when they obviously do not fit.

Whether people accept this or not is up to them.If they want to judge then they are not worth my time.It really has nothing to do with them anyway.

15. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes...also recognize that their feelings have nothing to do with you. Any feelings they have are always about *their* issues.

16. I understand. I think its the bisexual curse lol. If I'm alone or not connecting with my husband then I become very lesbian - love the L word, think about being with a woman, etc. But when I'm connecting with my husband or I meet an attractive guy then they consume my thoughts and I don't care to watch "lesbian" shows anymore and I want to watch "straight" tv again.

Over time of being with both sexes I have realized that I cannot control my thoughts and commitment is all I can rely on. Otherwise I will be switching back and forth and I don't want to live my life like that (anymore).

17. I would like commitment.

18. wanderinggirl

You can have commitment and still be bi! Plenty of bi people are monogamous and happy with it. It's just important to be honest with what you want from a partner, and if gender is important to you then it is a relevant thing to explore. Also be open to non-binary genders, bisexuality doesn't have to be limited to men and women, and maybe you'd be more comfortable with someone who blurs the gender binary.

Also, as I've gotten older I've realized how different commitment can look to different people. There are some couple who have an open relationship but are still totally committed to each other, and if they're truly invested in each others' well-being this can be a source of strength rather than a source of jealousy. Monogamy is wonderful and is the ideal, buuut since we're on this forum talking about breaking down the norms, don't you think that we should be critical about monogamy as well as heterosexuality and cis-genderism being a one-size-fits-all model for living?

Tl;dr: there are tons of ways of being bisexual, and if you want commitment you can surely find a way to make it work for you.

19. Thanx for that.Makes sense.
    Think I will just see what happens before I make up my mind

---------- Post added 16th May 2014 at 03:52 AM ----------

As long as both parties make a mutual agreement,then its all cool...
    Thing is,while gender is important to an extent,personality is my thing...
    And trust.

That is why I would probably prefer to be monogamous...but at the end of the day,I can not see into the future and my feelings may change.

So will see what happens.