1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it wrong?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Monika the Diva, May 13, 2014.

1. Monika the Diva

I have a question. As you all know i am transitioning. When it comes to the dating scene which i am currently not ready for. Now i don't want to date anyone until after my transition is over with. Now, once my male parts become female parts.

Is it wrong to date men, if i haven't been attracted to them?

I was thinking about giving men a shot but. The kind of dude i want to date is literally playing dungeons and dragons in his parents basement somewhere and i'll be going nerd hunting after my bottom surgery. LOL

But in all seriousness it is wrong?

2. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're not attracted to them why would you want to date them? Or am I missing something?

3. Monika the Diva

I was thinking about it. Because i've nevet had success dating women but with the research ive done there is a 5 percent chance that the hormones might make me attracted to men. I was trying to consider ALL scenarios since at this point I can only speculate.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'd be wrong if you don't like them in any way, but if you DO like them, then go for it...

Definitely DON'T do it just because you're not having much luck with girls though...

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suspect that if hormones make you attracted to men, then you'll know it. And in that case, absolutely you should explore that avenue.

My advice to people generally in trying to discover/understand their sexuality is that you should date those you are attracted to.

That said, in direct answer to your question...is it *wrong* to date people you're not attracted to? Certainly not...people do it all the time for a variety of reasons. Just don't lead anyone on or try to form any long term relationship with someone you're not attracted to.

6. Monika the Diva

I dont want to sound like an awful person but another thing I considered it is because when I am good and ready for the dating scene. I want to give anyone a chance to date me. But in my present form I dont feel comfortable dating a man. Unless he worked really hard to get my attention and have the patience to wait for me to go through my transition. But people like these dont exist and I do not wish to waste their time.

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

FYI, there was a time when I would never have considered dating a man and believed I wasn't attracted to them. I've since learned that I can be, it's just a different type of attraction than my attraction to women. As I'm the type that doesn't believe in shutting out potentially-rewarding experiences, I say go for it. Like me, you may discover an attraction you never knew you had, or had denied in yourself. As long as you don't lead anyone on (and of course I know you wouldn't, Monika), I fail to see any negative side to exploring the world of dating men.

Be safe! (*hug*)

8. Monika the Diva

If i do begin to date man i plan on carrying this with me. This is definitely a Diva's Pepper Spray!

[​IMG]

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

^ Srsly, don't forget this, girls. Can't be too careful.

:eusa_clap

10. Monika the Diva

Yup who knows, maybe i might go out and have an adventure :wink:

with Mr. Pepper Spray to protect me I think i'll be okay.

11. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is one of the things that I'll never be that worried about. I do some sports and things that are pretty intensive so I've got a fairly male physique. Only disadvantage is it'll make it a lot more difficult to pass.

12. cur2009

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Good luck either way... x

13. Monika the Diva

So a friend of mine, made me think a little about this. Now, I thought about this...am i wrong for dating as a trans gendered woman seeking a man who pansexual for dating. Does this even make sense?