1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls don't like/notice me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hyperaware, May 13, 2014.

1. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

This is so frustrating, you guys! I'm out to pretty much everyone at uni but girls don't even so much as glance my way! I'm not pretty but not ugly, either. Just average. Do I not look gay enough? I feel like I'm gonna die wondering about my sexuality, because I never get a chance to explore and experiment. I just feel really down right now :frowning2:

2. are you putting yourself out there?
    are you goin to lgbt places? i,e, cafes or bars?

if you see someone you like then go and talk to them, small talk is fine. at least youre getting the confidence to talk to people.

3. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

@flyinhernikes I am! As much as I can. Whenever I see a cute girl I look but get nothing in return. I do go to a bar in front of campus every once in a while, but I don't really have company to go and I don't feel exactly comfortable in such crowded, noisy places.
    I feel like such a lost cause. *facepalm*

4. do you have any other hobbies or interests?
    idk.... erm.... books or something. and go to a book club. people usually go alone to those things so it might be easier to talk to everyone at something like that. or photography, thats usually an only person thingy.

if nothing, you would gain friends and more experience of talking to people. perhaps work on talking to people more first then youll be able to just talk to anyone even in crowds lol.
    from what you just said sounds like you need to work on your confidence.

sorry that sounded a bit harsh earlier lol.

5. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

It didn't sound harsh! You're right, the confidence part is what gets me, I guess. But I'm working on that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks.

6. Reptillian

If you just want girls to talk to you, small talks are fine. However, if you want girls to be attracted to you, i gotta mention that you shouldn't expect much as most girls are straight and you cannot change that. Your best bet would be lgbt bars.

7. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

Yeah, I see. But well, the closest thing next to a LGBT bar we have is the bar right next to campus that I mentioned earlier.

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first year of college I had trouble meeting girls too. It wasn't my looks, because I almost had to beat the straight guys off with a stick, and got a part time clothes modeling job. I ended up joining an LGBT support group. You weren't supposed to hit on people there, but the information I got was invaluable. I learned where all the places gays and lesbians hung out, which places to avoid, etc. Made a lot of like minded friends, even if I didn't hook up with them, which gave me more confidence to approach people. Self confidence is as attractive or sometimes more to other people as physical appearance.