1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you label this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Princess Danica, May 14, 2014.

1. Princess Danica

*Warning, long post*

Hi guys, just thought I would throw this out there for opinions. I don't need a label, per say, I'm just asking for assistance in labeling myself so when I'm asked about my orientation, I don't have to spend a half hour explaining to someone what I am (like I'm about to (Forgive ME!!! lol )) Kind of like democrat/republican, theist/atheist, etc etc., you know? Something simple to say like "this" instead of "this that this oh and that and also this over here and yeah" lol

So I know what my orientation is, it took me a long time to figure out and it's pretty complex, but I finally figured it out. It goes like this:

With women, I like everything about them. I love looking at them (and looking like one), and I love trying to be one. But, I can't emotionally connect with them on a romantic level. I've tried 5 different times, and I can't do it. So, romantically, they're not an option for me because I need an emotional connection with someone in order to want them sexually, even though I find nearly all women attractive to look at. Basically like a "look but don't/can't touch" thing.

With men, usually only 1 out of every 10 will make me look twice, but I connect with almost all men emotionally. I have had (and still do) have crushes on some of my friends I've known since high school. But with guys I don't know personally, I feel pretty much nothing sexually for them. It's like I just look over them blandly like a straight guy would. I feel nothing. But, if I get to know them and we click as friends, I start to feel something. I see things I didn't before. I get physically attracted to them and start having sexual thoughts about them.

So, it's because of these 2 things, that I think I'm a demisexual with men, just not with women. It's like a messed up scientific equation lol. It's like...

women = good visually
    men = neutral visually
    Add emotional connection, men = amazing and women = divide by zero lol

So, because of the absolute necessity of emotion, women are ruled out and only men remain. It is because of this, that my best label to use as a shorthand of what to tell someone when they ask... is that I'm a "homoromantic demisexual". However! Intelligence is also a turn-on. They don't have to be a scientist, just have common sense and be rational. Not everyone has these 2 traits lol. Constant goofing off and not taking anything seriously are also turn-offs. So, in a small way, I'm also mildy sapiosexual. Mildy. I think. So if you add that, then it becomes "homoromantic demi-sapiosexual". But! I'm also transgender! Which takes the "homo" out of "homoromantic"! Lol so does it become "guy-romantic?" "man-romantic?" ? ? ?

Let me know what you think!!! You are my only hope! Lol

"Help me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope..."

2. Karabeara

Is hetero-romantic the word you are looking for?

3. Princess Danica

Maybe, but I'm not sure it fits completely. It does, but it doesn't. If I went out and got hormones (which I plan on doing at some point) and also had genital surgery, then yes it would fit because then I would be a "woman", but because I'm just a transgendered "man" still, I don't think that can fit. Do you?

---------- Post added 15th May 2014 at 01:09 AM ----------

Got it! Andro-romantic! Androsexual/Androphillic means "attraction to males/men/masculinity

4. Karabeara

I don't know. Really do you consider yourself a woman? Because if so then the label fits theoretically but if you don't feel it fits then it doesn't. It's about how you view yourself. Do you feel you are a hetero-romantic demi-sapiosexual? It's your choice what identify as and what you tell people (not saying it's your choice who you're attracted to).

5. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What if you just added "demi" to your "Androsexual" label that you're using now? Demi-androsexual?

Also, I know some trans* women simply call themselves "straight" if they're primarily or solely attracted to males.

I don't know, you tell me - but, it kind of sounds like the appeal of women to you is primarily aesthetic, not sexual, and not romantic...? Does that sound accurate?

Most people who only *aesthetically* appreciate one sex, don't bother to list or lump that sex into their "attracted to" type labels, I think.

6. Princess Danica

I think I'm just gonna say "Androsexual" and then provide details upon request. Easier that way.

And... well I can understand that, but for some reason my brain can't accept that lol

Yes I'd say that's true. I mean, I would want them sexually IF the emotional connection was there, but it's not. It's just not lol

And yeah? Hmm... I guess that's a good point.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: