1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling guilty for being bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Commenza, May 16, 2014.

1. Commenza

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone,

I've been feeling miserable... I'm normally very accepting of my sexuality, but the last couple of days, I've been feeling very bad for being bisexual.

I'm in a relationship with a guy and we get along wonderfully. It's just that... well, every now and then, I like to think about girls or I get attracted to girls. Although I never act on this attraction, I feel guilty for simply feeling this attraction and having these thoughts! I feel bad for my boyfriend because he's so sweet and I shouldn't feel attracted to anybody else. (Maybe, it's because I've never been with a girl and I'm curious as to what it's like, I don't know.)

I just think that it would be so much easier to be straight!

Has anybody else ever experienced this? Am I a bad person? What should I do?

2. Jamessmith

Jamessmith Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    why are you feeling guilty in it is not your fault, you are not bad at all ,
    just be mor confident and tell to everyone about this situation ..

3. IndustrialKiss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry I have no advice for you but I just wanted you to know you're not alone in feeling this way.

4. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why is it bad for you to still have attractions whether it be to girls or other guys while you are still in a relationship? Everyone does it. Even married straight couples. They still look at other people, but at the end of the day they know who they love and that they're with that one special person. If you are acting on these attractions, then that's a different story. But if you are sinply just having attractions, then I wouldn't feel too badly. It definitely does not make you a bad person.

5. Used to feel guilty all the time...
    Guilt is useless though and consumes on in the end.
    Destiny Infinity has a point as well

6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, sure, I suspect it is easier to be straight. Just like it's easier to be white and male and to have a mainstream religion.

But that doesn't mean that what you are is *wrong*. You are what you are, and *everybody* has their cross to bear (even straight while religious males...maybe especially them).

You should also learn that you are not your mind. Your mind is going to spin and shoot out all kinds of stuff, and if you feel guilty or bad every time it spits out something you're not proud of, then you've got a long miserable road ahead. Thoughts of *all* kinds come and go. Never feel bad for having thoughts or attractions...they're not your fault.

It's when you reach the point of *doing* something that you have control. And that is when communication with your s.o. becomes critical for guilt-avoidance.

7. sid1990

life hands us all kinds of shit, we just have to sift past the shit time ( and especially honesty) is your friend.

8. joijoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    its completely normal to feel that way... don't feel guilty, we're human it's the laws of nature to be attracted to other people!

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Don't feel guilty for just having thoughts, you have done nothing wrong. Even straight people have thoughts in a relationship (Just toward other people of the opposite sex).

10. Hey!

Just having thoughts isn't cheating - Acting on them is. As long as you love your boyfriend more than the people you thought about, you are alright! Please don't feel guilty for your sexuality, which is something out of your control! I do wonder how being with a guy would feel even while I'm in an online relationship with a girl now, but honestly, I couldn't ask for anyone else but her at the moment^^

And again, please don't feel ashamed and continue to be who you are!! Let me know if you want to talk more!! :slight_smile: