1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused on so many levels

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lastchance101, May 16, 2014.

1. lastchance101

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I've been questioning my sexuality for the past few years when I started to realize that I would develop crushes on women, some of which felt stronger than any other lust or infatuation I've felt previously. Years later I'm still questioning (side note: I mainly say questioning because I've yet to feel comfortable enough to act out on any of my feelings towards another woman, but I've come to terms with the fact that I definitely do have attractions for women although I'm not sure how strong they are because well... I've never acted on them), and getting into even more situations that make me so confused, frustrated, and often disappointed.

I've recently started a new job and have been going out with my co-workers frequently and there's this one girl that I find myself insanely attracted to. She's very eccentric (in a good way!), and just a genuinely open, carefree, and down to earth person. Recently we've been hanging out one on one together and things are always fun. We are very similar in some ways so we just click. The more we hang out the stronger my crush becomes but I have no way of knowing whether or not she's interested, nor do I have the confidence to even let her know I'm interested. Lately I've been thinking she's been flirty with me but I'm not sure if she's genuinely flirty or just trying to get me to be her friend (both of which are fine but I'd prefer the flirty option :icon_bigg:icon_bigg). She's very much all over the place but anytime I ask her to hang out she immediately invites me along to what she's doing, or she'll just invite me to come along with her for something unprompted, she's moved from sitting across the room from me at our weekly board meetings to sitting right next to me, randomly stares at me, has shared a lot of personal information with me pretty personal shit, and recently told me that she thought she was acting silly around me because she was drunk one night but now realized she was acting that way because of me (I really have no idea what the fuck that even means), but overall we just click really well and it's awesome.

So yeah, I'm definitely developing a mega crush on her and I don't know what to do about it. I haven't discussed my feelings towards other women with anyone, and I'm a generally private person so it's hard for me to share things about my personal life in general, but I'm stuck in a rock and a hard place because I don't think she'd ever make the first move if she was interested (she's mostly attracted to men, I'm not sure if she is attracted to women although she's hinted at the fact that she would probably make out with a girl/casually date one).

But to keep this from becoming an endless tangent, I'd like some advice on 1) How to know if a "straight" girl may be interested in you? and 2) If they are, what's the best way to go about it... especially if you lack confidence in expressing your own sexuality towards women? I'm open to any and all advice, it's been burning me up inside gahhhhhhhhhhhh:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!

2. GlassBerry

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think if you have a big crush on her and it's painful for you not to know whether or not she likes you back... tell her. Maybe write your feelings/your situation down if it's hard for you to talk about it and send the text to her. Of course there's always the possibility that you might get rejected but if not knowing is painful I think it's worth the risk. If she says no, at least you know.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I were you, the next time she suggests hanging out with you I'd ask her or text her, depends on situation, "how about we make it a date?". :icon_wink