1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cake and Cards?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Arrow Ace, May 17, 2014.

1. Arrow Ace

And in a shocking turn of events in my life I discovered the elusive cake eating asexual side of the community and discoverd that I might be an ace? I found out about the sexuality but didn't really give it much thought until recently when I found myself becoming gradually more sex repulsed. I never though I was asexual because I was ignorent enough to belive that asexuals were the sex obliviouse and antisocial people the media portrayed, when I was very sex aware and knowledge able about the subject. I don't know why I'm posting this because I'm quite fine with it. I guess I need some help on how to convince my sexuality ignorent friends that I dislike the idea of being in romantic or sexual relationships. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tired. Any help is appreciated, I'll probably fix thismin the morning.

2. Arrow Ace

Wow, I've left this thread for a few day so now... Time to re write and make it slightly more understandable *Cracks knuckles*
    I've figured out that I'm quite sex repulsed, and I'm fine with that. Not a problem. My problem is that my 'friends' that I'll call...
    Clippy(Misogynistic, transphobic, still thinks he's my friend)
    Diaz(Clippy's friend, I don't really know him)
    and
    Dandy(My friend, absent minded and talks without thinking)
    all think I'm gay because I dated a girl. Now, story time on how they all found out(SPOILER: It's Dandys fault)
    Alright. I started dating a girl I'll call Cat. We have a mutual friend named Dandy. Dandy's absent minded and often speaks without thinking first. She found out I was dating Cat via me, I told her I didn't want anyone konowing. She was happy but kinda jealous. I guess she was ranting to Clippy(My friend at the time) and told him I was dating Cat. He promptly told Diaz. This is a problem in itself, I only found out a few days ago that Diaz knows I dated Cat. I was at Dandys house and she was Skypeing with Clippy and Diaz.... Who started calling me a lesbian and being really rude about it. When I told them I wasn't gay and I wasn't interested in sex they were really rude about that too.
    The problem I'm having is getting rid of Clippy from my life or getting him to be more sensitive. He still thinks I'm his friend even though I flat out told him to leave me alone. He objectifies me and Cat and is really Transphobic and Homophobic and uses slurs regularly. How do I get rid of him? I see him in most of my classes and it would be awkward to have a huge fight with him.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Acephobia is a huge thing in our society; if you're ace there's nothing wrong with it regardless of what others think.
    Some of your friends are huge douches though, and I feel like it wouldn't matter what you're sexuality is if they're going to spew hateful words like that to you.

4. Arrow Ace

Yeah, I'm trying to cut them out but it doesn't work. I know Dandy means well and is a good friend in other respects but Clippy is a self centred little mole. He talks constantly about a game called TF2 which I have no interest in and if I try to change the subject to one of my interests that he doesn't like he gets annoyed. I just have no idea how to get rid of him because Dandy is still friends with him and he walks home with me and my sibling. Diaz doesn't bother me too much given I barely ever see him.