1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Toast, May 17, 2014.

1. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hate being touched by guys. I don't want to kiss a guy. The thought of being physically or emotionally intimate with a guy makes my skin crawl, but I do find some guys attractive. Tom Hiddleston as Loki, for instance. Very physically attractive. But I don't particularly like the idea of a relationship with him.

I have only been in a relationship once, and it was with a guy. It was neat and exciting at first, because, wow, highschool is the time to find a boyfriend! According to most TV shows and from what I'd gathered listening to my parents reminiss. But within a month, he kissed me, and I wanted to throw up. I avoided touch, even making up that I had a skin condition that I was going to the dermatologist to have checked out. But I'm fine, with touching my female friends. I like hugs and holding hands and having them sit in my lap when they're girls, but I tend to be more distant from the guys. Actually, after third grade, all of my ffriendships with guys fell apart. I have one friendship with a guy currently, and its mostly based on the fact that he's smart and intelligent (which are actually two different things to me), not that I'm attracted to him.

I ddon't know if it's because I just like girls better, or if I have trust issues, or if it's just a weird period of my life, but I'm questioning my sexuality big time. It's weird, because even though my mom really seems to get it and supports me in my questioning, but I definitely have to hide it from my dad. He doesn't exactly approve of homosexuality. I mean, he's accepting in the same way that a rooster is accepting of another, so long as they're far, far away from each other.

I know there are probably other posts much like this one out there, but, I don't know, I guess it just feels more comforting to have my own thoughts down instead of reading someone else's.

And yes, I do acknowledge that this is almost a carbon copy of my intro post, but I felt that I would have better luck figuring this out in a section of the forum dedicated to figuring things out.

2. thelamekidd

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, I hate being touched by guys too. My ex boyfriend kept rubbing my knee and tried holding and kissing my hand a few days ago. I wanted to throw up. I still find some guys attractive too, but I prefer to date girls. Believe me, you're not alone here.

3. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You have no idea how much relief I feel at hearing that. I don'texactly have much of a peer group where I live to check whether or not I'm alone in something.

4. thelamekidd

Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad I can make you feel better. Just focus on yourself and what you want, and you'll be fine :slight_smile: