1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about labels

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Acm, May 17, 2014.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

If I like guys romantically and sexually, and girls only romantically, do I call myself gay or bisexual? I know the technical term would be "biromantic homosexual" but thats kind of clumsy to say. Would it be more accurate to call myself gay or bi?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can say your bisexual you don't have to go into description if you don't want to I've seen other guys like you that just say their bi it's only when people ask for details they describe what type of bisexual they are .

3. Its up to you, I think and it depends on whom you want to date and be with.
    I'd probably go with gay, because biSexual implies sexual attraction to me.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    maybe he's biromantic gay guy then again your probably right guess he could go with gay sorry I reread it and realized kinda misunderstood .

#4 stocking, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  5. Acm

Acm Guest

I guess I'll stick with gay for now

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you change don't feel bad I'm a person that changed labels 4 times like from straight bi curious bisexual , to lesbian .
    you don't always get all the answers right away .

7. luvsthedominace

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well Id have to say gay cause you have no such sexual attraction to the opposite gender.

8. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say, try not to get too hung up on labels. All that matters is what you feel and who you want to be with. Labels tend to be over generalisations anyway.

Ultimately though, if you are going to pick a label, it's your choice as to what you wish to identify as. Just remember though, various labels carry a certain amount of baggage and may not fit you exactly (hence why they are generalisations) and you need to be willing to accept that baggage that comes with them.

Happy days :slight_smile: