1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this considered sexual attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, May 18, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I sometimes think I'm turned on by looking at hot guys. I'm not sure if I'm actually attracted to them. I also get this weird kind of turned on feeling when guys hit on me. I don't really enjoy that feeling. It feels like I'm going out of control. Whenever I've had opportunities to do stuff with guys I always feel repulsed, even with a guy that I had that weird feeling for.

2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's difficult to say. I suppose being turned on by something and actually wanting to engage in that activity can be two separate things.

On the face of it, it appears you are attracted to them, but without knowing the nature of why you are repulsed by the idea, it's hard to say for sure.

What is it about doing things with guys that repulsed you?

Happy days :slight_smile:

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Their "guyishness" is what repulses me. It even repulsed me when I was in my "wanting to be straight phase". When I was kissing my ex-boyfriend the first thought that popped into my head was "Holly shit! This is a guy! Eww!" I obviously knew he was a guy, but I was able to ignore his gender to make the relationship easier. It's like I'm genderblind until I actually do stuff.

4. Rumpletubb

To me it sounds like you still have acceptance issues. It's like you subconsciosly still haven't accepted that you are attracted to guys.

I might be wrong but that's how I was when I had accepted that I was bi but not comfortable with being intimate with a guy.

Soul-searching is the only way to find out!

Good luck and I hope I helped somewhat.

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe I haven't accepted that I'm attracted to guys. I just find it weird that I still felt repelled by guys when I wanted to be straight. If I'm attracted to guys nothing in my life makes sense.

6. Carebear11

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No worries there! I feel the exact same way as you. It's like I know when guys are attractive... and I enjoy being attracted to them (or maybe it's just knowing that they are interested that I like). But when it comes down to the crunch... like actually being with them... I'm all "nope, nope, nope... this does not feel right".

I am still not 100% sure of my sexuality since I have been trying to convince myself that I am straight and it's just a phase (or thing in my head). But I think deep down inside I know that I am bi-sexual at the least... or definitely gay. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps (*hug*)

#6 Carebear11, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I personally don't think so. I think being 'turned on' is different from sexual attraction (Rape victims experience being turned on by their rapist for example). I think in order to be sexually attracted to men, you have to desire sexual activities with them.

8. Rumpletubb

The feeling rape victims feel and what he experience is not really comparable.
    One scenario is excitement when guys hit on him, the other is a physical reaction which doesn't involve any kind of excitement.

If you don't want to be attracted to the same sex and sternly believe that you ought to be straight, it's clear that you would be repulsed by the idea of intimacy with individuals of your own sex, even if, deep down, it's what you desire.
    Convictions can be enormously powerful.

9. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know that I have a boyish avatar and username, but I'm actually a girl.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It might be a reaaaaalllly extreme comparison, but I don't think it's that different.

Rape victims experience physical sensations, but not emotional excitement, and a lot of lesbians also feel the same way toward men if a man gets close to them (or if we see a random man naked, since It's physical response).

The OP is a girl that is questioning, but based on most of her posts I think she leans more toward gay, but has some aesthetic attractions toward men. I think the confusion comes from the fact that our society is dumb and thinks any form of female attraction toward men means she wants him, while meanwhile straight girls can call women "hot/sexy" and no one bats an eye toward her actual orientation.