1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why all the hate?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hunter427, May 18, 2014.

1. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not actually sure where to post this but I have to say what I have to say to someone before I freaking explode. Why do people hate on LGBT people? I can't stand it. Everytime I see it happen somewhere it makes me so angry that I feel like they shouldn't exist I'm not even sure what I am and even when I thought I was straight every time someone made fun of LGBT I wanted to hit them. I hate people who use their religion as an excuse as well. Why should they judge others for their life, and though I know this post won't do anything since you guys are so accepting I want to change all of these people minds somehow a impossible dream I know. But I can't stand all the hate LGBT people get for just being people. Why can't others be accepting and kind towards one another instead of mean and hateful? Why are we ridiculed and looked at strangely for just being who we are. Sometimes I'm afraid that I'm gay because I'm worried what my parents, friends, teachers and even random people will think and say about me, and I've never really cared what others think. I'm sorry for the rant but I had to do something and if this isn't the right place for this then I also apologize for that. I've just come to hate people because most of them are judgemental :***::***::***:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are some very narrow minded people in the world and its sometimes necessary to cut them out of our lives to be true to ourselves. It shouldn't be necessary, but I'm afraid it's the only way sometimes.

3. Linux Lenny

I think most of the hate is because of religion , religion encourages its followers to hate everyone who is different , especially LGBT people .

4. thekillingmoon

Centuries of brainwashing that homosexuality is wrong, but it's starting to change now. Still some people can't let go of their old-fashioned views.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The use of scapegoating is as old as the first 'playa hater'. It's easier to cast the blame on somebody or something else, as opposed to taking a look at yourself or your society. Anything that differs from those in power is made to distract from their own vices and problems, and most people, wanting to emulate success or power, will go along with this in the hopes they, too, will one day rise above their self-perceived mediocrity.

Don't worry. Another group will step on down, and have their turn on the Wheel of Bigotry. Just give it time.

6. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just dislike the fact that people can't accept each other for who they are. In the 1950's it was racial issues now it's sexuality issues what happens when we run out of things to hate. Or will we just end up killing each other before that happens. I want us as people to just give up on the hate and accept each other but we are too obsessed with anything to bring someone else down. It's kinda sad how well I can see it but others can't. Thanks for the support guys but people still make me angry.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Racial issues having been going on far longer than that. While I get what you're saying, racism has been a huge problem, especially for most colonial empires. You could argue that racism has never truly disappeared, because of the post-9/11 hysteria that set in, which makes most Westerners distrust or even dislike Arabic-looking people (Indians get grouped into this as well, sadly), is just one example. And there has always been the Jew-Palestinian conflict.

That second part struck a cord with me. If individuals like yourself ever obtained a platform of power, it would disrupt the benefit-and-profit model that most industrialized societies have. Why pander to one side when you can supply multiple sides, and make sure each side goes back and forth, so as not only to keep them distracted from you, but to also gain more power and generate more profit? It is sad indeed.

#7 Kaiser, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  8. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's funny because I've never thought differently of anyone if they are a different race or sexuality. I try and judge people for THEIR character and not what they look like and what others did. Now I see your considering this mess of a world is controlled by greedy leaders. But would we really need that power and money if we all did just accept one another?

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Somebody wants to be in charge and make all da moniez. I don't think there's a Legion of Doom of rich guys, who all sit around and plan global domination, but I do believe there's enough wealthy influences, that push and pander their way into politics. It sucks, but that tends to be how the world is shifting.

Ever considered running for some kind of political office?

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

As sad as it is, homophobia will probably always exist. Racism is as old as dirt, and it still exists even if It's less extreme in the states.

I think the world just doesn't understand homosexuality, nor are they well adapted to it yet. Even our well meaning allies will say offensive or heterosexist remarks, so we still have a long way to go.

11. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately no I've never really been into politics. Plus I kinda know nothing about them.
    And yea it does seem that the world is shifting that way because all I see nowadays is people worrying about how much money have. But it doesn't make it any less wrong.

"I hate the word Homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared you are an asshole"-Morgan Freeman. That is what I think of people who say they have Homophobia. I'm not saying hey let's just never give gay people crap because that's not equality, people will get fun of no matter what, because this world is again filled with judgemental :***::***::***:. But just all this hate towards them is wrong. It's not right.

#11 Hunter427, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  12. burg

i think you win where did you learn that zinger:thumbsup:

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Politics needs more passion, to be honest. It wouldn't hurt to try. You can't really do much worse, can you?

It just sort of came to me. I've always been capable of saying such things. It comes with the territory of maintaining one's positive aura, and who doesn't love silly but clever things?

But thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed typing it.

14. Illus1

Hmm with racism you can say that people in the past have lived many many years without ever seeing a different type of person before, even till WII some people in Europe had never seen a black/brown person in their lives and at times were fascinated by them or scared? believed/had certain stereotypes about them (same goes the other way around).

But LGBT has been part of each and every community since time immemorial I wonder why it has been so difficult to accept even when faced with them for so long. Maybe in repressive societies it was ever so hard to find another same sex gay partner so they became so frustrated that they started outing this frustration on straight people (maybe even non-consensual) leading them to believe that every gay person is going to jump a straight person at once?

15. burg

im pretty sure history has shown a nations in conflict very rarely produce more profit than a nation at peace.my example would be the world share market every time a conflict esculates profit expectations clearly go down .and how many industrialized nations today are seeking conflict .

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Economic geniuses will profit in peace too. You don't need a guns-blaring battle to the death to have a war. You only need to two sides. Men. Women. Gay. Straight. Black. White. Just put two collections at odds, and you have two-for-the-price of one. Not only do you deal with the two sides, you keep one-upping the other side, making the other side keep coming back. It's a lot like a more complex version of Dr. Seuss's Butter Battle Book.

Financial gain is a terrifying thing, if you think about. Everyone is said to have their price, the price in which they'll betray who they are and stand for. It doesn't have to be monetary either, just something accessibly available to them. It can cause division, and it can even justify hatred.

I had to link it back, as I didn't want to derail this thread.

17. garudamon11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even if religion and brainwashing to hate LGBT people was to be eliminated, I don't think homosexuality would be looked at in a much better light. I don't know if there's a research about this but, in my opinion, hating LGBT people is just a part of the human nature of wanting conformity. You want everyone to conform to your values and opinions and what you think is right, you want to live with people you can relate to as much as possible because it gives you a sense of being connected to people.
    Sadly, this often translates into racism and hatred. Its the reason we need to remind ourselves and others that its okay for people to have different or conflicting opinion to ours.

18. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know it's okay to have a different opinion from mine and I accept the fact that others and not always going to agree with me but I don't think hate is justifiable by any means. I'm not saying that everyone should love and accept homosexuals but I don't think they deserve to be hated so much. I don't think anyone deserves to be hated until a good reason is given. And though it may be true that there are different types of us whether we have a different belief, religion, sexuality, race, or even if we look different we are all human. I don't understand why people can't get that through their narrow minded heads.