1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When do you know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hunter427, May 18, 2014.

1. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As seen from several of my other threads I'm super confused about my sexuality and don't really know what to do. So I was wondering is there a time where it just clicks for me and I realize I'm gay or straight or something. I want to know what I am. So any advice would be great thanks!

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it develops over time, other times it clicks. Depends on the person. You have to accept your sexuality. That's when it will really begin to sink in.

Continuing to talk to people and asking questions wil definitely help.

Hope that helps a little :slight_smile:

3. Tetra

It's kind of like working on a physics problem. It's the eureka moment when you UNDERSTAND what the question asks. It doesn't mean you don't still have a lot of work to do, but now you know what the hell you're working with.
    For some people they know early, but for others (like myself) I didn't really think it was an option back then. Girls like boys, boys like girls. I wasn't really comfortable with playing with the idea of homosexuality until age 16 or so.

4. wanderinggirl

I didn't know for like 24 years and then it was an "aha!" moment. But I'm just one story. People come out at all ages and all sorts of processes.

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was more of an "aha!" moment for me. Others will say they knew pretty early on. Others will not know until they're much older til I am. Point is, there is really no definite point in time where it will click for all people. For me, I wrestled with the idea ever since middle school til last summer so 8 years or so

6. iceQ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For me, the realization about my sexuality did not come instantly. It took me several years to figure out and accept who I am attracted to. Just try not to think too much about it.. you will figure it out eventually. But if it helps, trying to imagine yourself being with others romantically or sexually without thinking how others will take it or react might help you. :slight_smile:

7. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Truth is at the moment I could see myself going both ways.