1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm a female crushing on my female friend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SweetNocturne, May 19, 2014.

1. SweetNocturne

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Several months ago I started talking to this girl I met on one of the forums we both frequent. She's funny, gorgeous, talented with words and lives on the other side of the country (I weep!), and we've been flirting nonstop almost since we started talking to each other on skype. She also identifies herself as a lesbian. Seems like I hit the jackpot.

Except I'm straight. Or so I thought until she came along.

Due to the different time zones and our conflicting schedules we have less and less time to talk to each other, and when we do there are lapses of hours between replies. It didn't really bother me until recently, when I started missing her more and more, to the point that I knew I couldn't really ignore my budding feelings for her. She's also hinted several times that she might like me, but I have ignored it for both our sakes. She seems as uncomfortable with the prospect as I am.

My question is, how wise would it be to pursue a romantic relationship with her when I am having all these doubts about my own sexuality and romantic attraction? I still don't know if I might be bisexual (dudes are awesome too!) or if it's just her, and I don't know if I like her as a person or I just like the attention, half assed as it might be. I don't want her to be my "guinea pig" or anything like that, but I don't want to just stop talking to her and wait till I start crushing on a guy, either. Going to another girl and seeing what happens seems wrong, too. All I know is that I have very strong feelings for her, romantic or otherwise, and it scares me. The last thing I want to do is hurt her with my self doubt.

Help!