1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm... Confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kasimir Gael, May 19, 2014.

1. Kasimir Gael

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm unsure exactly what I am; if someone asked I'd probably say I'm a lesbian or maybe bisexual. Initially- before I got a girlfriend- I'd thought that I might be pansexual because I was reluctant to date anyone (the boys that asked me out) but still thought that cute boys were cute, cute girls cute, and so on. I've never really had any desire to date a boy, and quite frankly the idea of doing it with a guy creeps me out, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to determine whether I'm lesbian or bi if I don't try at least kissing a boy- girls are fine, great, even.
    When my parents found out about my girlfriend they immediately broke us up, which was painful and upsetting because up until then I'd been in an uncharacteristically blissful mood. While it lasted our relationship had felt so natural, so normal; in my opinion the only thing that made it strange was my parents reaction. My dad said that the only problem he had with it was who I was dating, not her gender, but my mom freaked out. She seems to think that either my girlfriend coerced me into dating her or that I'm going through a phase, which has made me doubt to some degree my own judgement, which is that I'm gay.

2. Karabeara

Don't doubt yourself because of you're mom. It's hard for people to change their view of their loved ones. I came out to a friend and she said she didn't think I was gay. She's finally got but at first it just didn't register with her. Not that she was against gays just didn't see me that way. If you think you're gay then go with it you can always change it later. And I'm sorry they broke you up. :frowning2:

3. Jim1454

It seems pretty clear to me that you're not into guys, and you are into girls. That would make you lesbian.

Sexual orientation is fluid though, and that might change a bit over time. You might develop an attraction go guys, but I'd say more often than not, the transition is the other way (we think we're straight or bi - because society conditions us to think that way - and we find out later that we're gay).

You've come to the right place though. Welcome! :slight_smile: