1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't get a hold of my sexual orientation...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 7YU, May 19, 2014.

1. 7YU

7YU

Most of the time, I am sure that I am into guys. I feel comfortable physically with them and it feels right. But other times, I look at a woman and I am so turned on. I know I am not bisexual though, because though I have fantasized about women, I've never acted on it and wouldn't feel like me if I did--that would be a whole big mess of embarrassment and ugh I wouldn't put anyone through that. But seriously, if you have any ideas on this please share. I'd really like to be settled in myself already. I feel settled in other areas of my life--work, school, etc. My sexuality however is kind of funny-confusing these days. The thing is though I am comfortable with men, I don't actually get turned on just by looking at them. I think it's like this for most women, perhaps. I feel more comfortable with men however, and I could work on cultivating a loving relationship with a man when the time is right--when things are more settled. ... Have you ever felt this way? Did things finally work out either way?

2. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm exactly like you, but the opposite.

3. Jim1454

HI there and welcome to EC!

I think part of the problem might be captured in this part of your post. This seems quite negative - like expressing a same sex attraction would be embarassing / wrong / hurtful to others. If that's how you feel, it is quite natural for you to supress this part of yourself - if it exists.

So you might be gay, bi or straight - but it's important to be open about it. Unless you're accepting of any possibility, then you're not going to really figure it out.