1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been confused for a long time

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Essaria, May 20, 2014.

1. Essaria

I knew I liked girls since I was 12 years old (I'm 15 now) but I never know where I stand gay-or-bi wise. There are times when I'm attracted to only girls, and times I'm attracted to both, and there was even a point where I tried to convince myself I was straight.

The problem with me is that inside, I have such a strong feeling that I have to choose: gay or straight; black or white. I didn't realize this until just recently. I feel this way because bisexuals are judged by not only the straight community, but also the gay community (for different reasons) which feels pretty crappy, even though I still don't know how I should identify.

That's why I've always tried to either deny my attraction to boys or deny my attraction to girls, so I could fit into a certain category and feel like I have a community. I know bisexuals have a part in the LGBT community but I just can't help feel that bisexuals are a little bit... looked down upon, I guess? The straights see them the same as the gays, and the gays see them as greedy or confused (NOT all people for either of them). I've never talked to anyone who felt anything like this, so my question is, does anyone relate to this feeling?

#1 Essaria, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't relate but I see a lot of people do it to bisexuals so I get how they feel this way .
    and reading from what you posted your problem one of those bisexuals whose sexuality fluctuates . But it I've seen and met a lot of people who are in denial about being bisexual and it has a lot to do with biphobia