1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think it's time now

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tetra, May 22, 2014.

1. Tetra

Tomorrow is the "big day". I'm going to tell my mom, the first person (irl) I'll have ever told about my sexuality.

The thing is, I need to think about what to tell her. I don't want to say "I'm gay". I want to leave doors open for my future. I can't see myself ever dating a guy right now, but if in the future, I feel like I could maintain a relationship with a guy, I want to leave that door open to myself. That being said, I can't deny my overwhelming attraction for women anymore. I'm sick of replying to "isn't that guy cute" with "oh, yeah" with my friends. I'm sick of my mom saying "there's a guy for you!" when we're in the grocery store.

Basically, I think I might come out as pansexual. Of course, I'll have to explain that term to her. Both my siblings are going to be at my dad's house tomorrow, so I'll be home alone with her. Maybe I'll ask her if she wants to go for a walk with me, and then say "you know, nan's been asking me whether I have a boyfriend or not lately". She'll probably say "Oh? That's rather annoying". I'll then say "Speaking of that, it could just as well be a girl I date". I hate sit-down talks about feelings and emotions, so this seems like a good way to bring it up in the open. She seems very pro-lgbt from what she's said in the past, so I'm sure she'll accept me.

So, is it advised to come out as pansexual or bisexual, even if I currently have no feelings for men? It's kind of like a gateway for me...

I'm already shaking, and it's about 14 hours away...

2. IG88

You could say that you're bi/pan, and that right now you lean towards girls. This could change in the future.

Then you could ask her to cool it with the "look at that guy, he's cute" stuff. That's what my mom does (only instead of guys it's girls). It's downright annoying lol. Let us know what happens.

3. mangotree

It's your journey. Do what you feel is right.

I think the time has passed for advice, go and be free little darlin'.

Good luck and peace be with you.