1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheShadowBehind, May 25, 2014.

1. TheShadowBehind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    For a long time I've been suspecting that I'm a lesbian, and I undoubtedly find females far more aesthetically pleasing, and males are simply intimidating. But how can you know? Should I think of it in a romantic fashion, I would rather be with a nice woman who can help me with my emotional problems, and someone I can help in return; yet when I think of it in sexual context, I just get confused. How do you know when you are 'turn on', or find someone 'hot'?

Am I just ignoring the obvious, or making things far more complicated then they are?

2. hen

hen

If the confusion is solely in what you want sexually, but your romantic tastes lean unquestionably towards women, you might want to look into the asexual spectrum. Can you imagine yourself enjoying sex with a man? With a woman? If you have trouble even imagining it, look up the terms ''asexual'', ''demisexual'', and ''grey-asexual''.

Identity can be a really difficult thing to make sense of, but the more you think about it, the more it should start to untangle itself. Try telling yourself, ''I am a lesbian''. Test out different labels. See how they feel. If you say it aloud and it feels wrong or inaccurate, it probably is! But if something clicks, look into it.

3. TheShadowBehind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you, that really helps me. I really appreciate it.