1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

support in coming out

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by volvo6x, May 25, 2014.

1. volvo6x

I heard many times that you are the only one who know your sexuality. Yet, when you were coming out to yourself, was there any one who helped you out in the process? how was the rapport? how did they help you confirm/explore/understand the thought of who you are?

2. Sigrid

I don't think anyone but yourself can truly know who you are. Sure, your family/friends can push you in the right direction, but at the end of the day it's you that has to figure it out. If you're talking about coming to terms with yourself or figuring out who you are, then my best advice would be to just see what happens. And if you are unsure, just don't label yourself yet. :wink:

3. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes there's no need to label yourself really.

Of course you are the only person who knows who you are deep down.

The help from others is finding yourself to some extent, but I believe it's more about accepting that you are revealing yourself to the world.

Whilst there are forums and support groups for being gay, the same feeling apply to many other aspects of life, just not to the same extent, as commonly or for the same thing so often.

4. Kamina

Well I came out and now my friends know and I can openly talk about hot people in public or voice that I am "too gay for this" when they start talking about guys so that's nice and helps me feel like my feelings are real. I don't know if that makes sense?

5. Hyaline

I came out in a time where it wasn't really publically discussed outside closed circles of other gays. So I was left to my own devices... It took me many years to get to the point where I said it out loud to myself and even longer before I said it to anyone else...