1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you accept being bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BettyBoopGuido, May 25, 2014.

1. BettyBoopGuido

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hi all,
    I came out as lesbian and then started to reals that I lean more towards being bi... My question is, how do I work on accepting this for me? I'm not worried about coming out as I think that my sexuality is something that not everyone has to know the details...

So how do I accept this and stop feeling so confused?

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok...can you say more about what are the *barriers* to you accepting that you're bi?

In terms of stopping feeling confused, realize that there *are* bisexuals...some of us are just like this, and it's ok. We like who we like...it's just that for us, that can include both men and women. If you can stop thinking "what am I" and just start thinking "who do I find attractive and what sounds like fun to do with them?" the confusion should go away.

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once you start being more open about it. I found once I started to tell more people, I started accepting it more. Now I've fully accepted that I'm bi! :slight_smile: I think a lot of people have trouble with themselves being bi though because they can't understand how it is they can be attracted to two genders. I know I was definitely like this. A lot of people like things to be black and white, which is why bisexuality is quite confusing. But there's nothing wrong with it! Your love has no gender! You have to keep saying it to yourself and letting it out to other people. Of course, asking questions and talking about it helps too :wink:

I hope that helped a little :slight_smile:

4. BettyBoopGuido

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Well, let me see: I think one of the barriers is the idea of coming out to my crush down the road when we are just basically friends and not even in the neighborhood of a relationship... I do agree with the idea of focusing on what I like instead of who I am... That really stuck out for me and I'm going to work on that...

---------- Post added 25th May 2014 at 07:11 PM ----------

You make a good point:slight_smile:...I do see what you mean about telling people and I think the first thing before I do that is to get used to telling myself... This has been floating around in my head for awhile and one thing that I am trying to accept is that I do like both guys and girls... It does feel confusing right now and I'm going to think about telling other people...