1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone else identify?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jean Genie, May 27, 2014.

1. Jean Genie

Very confused about my sexuality. I sure as heckie aren't straight and would really like to know if other people have these same sorts of feelings. Basically:

• I find myself romantically attracted to anyone, and sort of everyone! In terms of romantic attraction, gender holds no boundaries.

• I'm sexually attracted to biological females of all gender identity. I have a real issue with penises, I am scared and sort of disgusted by them. (I am in no way trying to be misandrist or transmisogynist, penises are just something I can not deal with)

• I am also really scared of men and don't like to be left alone with them.

• I recently ended things with a boy because I felt really uncomfortable in the relationship - I didn't like to kiss him and I didn't like being intimate with him. I later heard that he told people that he was going to "finger [me] on Saturday" and it made me feel even worse and untrusting of men.

• I have been in a relationship with a girl and they were the best six months of my life.

Does anyone identify with any/all of these points? If so, please reply x

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had you considered, you know, working on this fear of men at all?

I'm not saying you need to work on it because you should be dating them, it just seems that if you physically cannot be left lone with men, that is something you need to work on...

3. anonym

anonym Guest

Are you physically attracted to men? I know I'm trans so can't compare but I sometimes get confused about my orientation because I can occasionally be attracted to a guy but but I'm not attracted to the male body in any way so it would never go any further. So I identify as a straight guy because I know I wouldn't want a relationship or sex with a man.

If you are attracted to guys and interested in having a relationship with a guy, then like Ellia says you need to work out why you feel so negatively towards them. I would also like to point out that that boy sounds a complete arsehole telling people what he was going to do to you. If he really cared about you, he wouldn't have told people that and so IMO you're better off without him anyway.

4. Labelfree

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am attracted to anyone so I can identify with that.

It doesn't matter the gender, I like people. I fall for people not for genitals

5. Jean Genie

Thank you for the help. In regards to anonym, I am physically attracted to men above the waist. Also I fall for people, but then the genitals put me off.

What does this mean?

6. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In my opinion, this seems like it might be the most important point. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th May 2014 at 04:56 AM ----------

Other than that, I would just add that there are many attractive people, and I think it's natural to appreciate them. Just go with what you like best, but feel free to explore also, if you're inclined.

7. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do understand the 'attracted to all genders' part. I am comfortable with all identities. But, unlike you, I have no trouble dealing with whatever that person works with. I guess that makes me pansexual, and you a homosexual. Maybe you are romantically attracted to guys, but not sexually?

For a long time I also had a negative attitude towards dating guys. An ex boyfriend told everyone he had had sex with me, to impress his friends and gain 'status'. He had pressured me into it, I guess he molested me and manipulated me into thinking it was my fault. Some guys are like that, yes. But there are also a lot of kind, loving, caring men out there, that would never treat us like that.

Maybe you are pansexual like me, but unconsciously reject the thought of having sex with men because of ideas common in our society. I know I suffered from that. Having sex with men makes people regard you as a slut, having sex with women doesn't. It's weird and twisted, but it's the way it is.

8. Najlen

There is a difference between sexual and romantic orientations. To me, you sound like a panromantic homosexual, but I'm not in your head so I could be wrong. It might help to do some research on romantic vs. sexual orientations. Good luck!

9. RowanMarvel888

Out Status:
    Some people
    i too feel uncomfortable when in a heterosexual relationship often reversing the roles and being dominate over the boyfriend, but I for a long time would force myself to look at guys romantically and just make a fool of myself but when I flirt with girls i am much smoother and more comfortable. Men tend to be more perverted and feel inclined to be dominant in the relationship which makes me angry. Huh, no wonder I'm a lesbian.