1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dasani, May 27, 2014.

1. Dasani

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok well I was hesitant to join this forum because I am a nervous, scared of being judged, and just overall confused. I am 18 and it all started 2-3 years ago. I started to get aroused by other guys and I even had this one crush :,(. I thought about him a lot and stuff... Anyway I talked to this one girl and guy when I was like 16 and the chic thought I was gay and so did I and the dude was idk pretty upset it seemed and he made me confused so I thought I was bisexual lol. Anyway I told my mom and her boyfriend I was gay and I end up getting in a fist fight with him and being restrained while my mom is bawling. Well they thought it was a phase but still here I am 2-3 years later never ever wanting to be in a relationship with a girl although I find them attractive and wishing I had a boyfriend. I mean its different because right now I feel like girls are ya know sexually attractive but I don't think I can ever love one... I'm posting this because these last couple months for me have been like hell and I just so confused right now. No I have never been in a relationship with either gender but I have been in an NSA "affair" with a another guy before when I was 14 lol. Idk what do you guys think about it I'm a complete mess right now :,(

---------- Post added 27th May 2014 at 06:50 PM ----------

I'm posting this edit as a reply because of the stupid 15 minute rule :frowning2:. Anyway I forgot to add that how I like men and women are totally different. With women it's just ya know more lust...and with men I feel like its way deeper and the person is really who I'm looking for. I don't really look for that in girls or feel that way towards girls idk why...

2. Tetra

First of all, welcome to EC! You don't have to worry about being judged, because not being judged is pretty much the purpose of this forum :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    There are a lot of different labels that people use, and not just "gay", "straight" or "bisexual". There's a spectrum, and everyone lies somewhere on it.
    Don't worry about the labels so much, and just do what makes you comfortable. Feel attracted to a guy? great. Attracted to a certain girl? Great. There's no reason to choose a title and conform 100% to it. It just adds extra pressure on you.

3. Dasani

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That is so true about the labels lol. I never thought about it like that but it makes sense. Well idk maybe I got some soul searching to do right now...and thanks you guys are great on this forum.

4. Hyaline

I am with Tetra on the not worrying about labels thing. You are still at a stage in your life where you are emotionally maturing. (Yeap, you're not all grown up yet..)

It takes time to work through how you feel about relationships. If I had to say, it sounds like you are gay with a bit of bi. The reason I would say this is that you seem to lean towards having a more meaningful relationship with a guy rather than a girl.

But again, the label is there only if you want to place it there. Be genuine to yourself and to the people you love. Clarity will come to you once you've had time tow work it out. just take your time. You'll know when the time is right.