1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Randomninja, May 27, 2014.

1. Randomninja

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When I first learned about different sexualities, I began questioning mine. I thought I was bi for a while, but I started to realize I was lesbian. I thought maybe not for like a month, and up until recently, I still thought I was lesbian. I even learned that there was a difference between romantic orientation and sexual. So I thought I was asexual homoromantic, but now, I'm not sure. I can't really picture my self in a relationship. I don't feel comfortable with Me personally being involved in PDA, but at the same time I want it. I know I'm at least not sexually interested in men, but I don't know. I've recently have been rejected by a crush for about the billionth time in my life. I really thought I might have loves her, but when she rejected me, I didn't feel sad. I thought maybe it was because I was used to it, but now, I'm not sure I'm really interested in romance. I know I'm only 14, and I can't know for sure, but I'm just so confused and this internal conflict isn't helping much with my depression. I've never really had many people crush on me and everytime I think I like some and I get rejected, I want to feel sad but I'm just like, ok then. It doesn't affect me one bit. And the more I think about it, I'm not really sure I have interest in anyone. Like I want to date like any other teen, but I can never picture myself holding hands and cuddling. I'm starting to think I may just be an emotionless blob. But my depression proves me otherwise. I would just like some answers besides the fact that I'm just a teen who is unsure. If you will answer, please answer like you would an adult. It may help a bit.

2. birdking

Hi there! I'm sorry you're feeling confused, that's not fun. I'll try and help clear some things up.

I know you probably know this but just to be safe:

being Asexual is the lack of sexual attraction. If you have no desire for sex with another person, then you are asexual.

being Aromantic is the lack of romantic attraction. It means you have no desire for romance. (I'm not going to try to define romance because I am aromantic myself and it kind of confuses me haha)

Just from your post, it sounds like you could be homosexual and aromantic. Like, you are sexually attracted to women, and you could have a relationship with a woman, but you don't feel the need to hold hands or cuddle or do romantic stuff. However, YOU are the only person who can define your sexuality so I could be totally mistaken.

You're not an emotionless blob! You are just as capable of emotion as anyone else. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

I know it's hard figuring this stuff out. Hang in there!