1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuality- different types of arousal?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FDH, May 29, 2014.

1. FDH

FDH

Out Status:
    A few people
    Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, I have just joined. I've been loitering around for a while, reading posts etc but only just decided to make an account. Anyway...

I'm not entirely sure whether I'm gay or Bi, only that I am attracted somewhat to men and attracted quite a lot to women. I've noticed that personally, when getting turned on by men/women, I am a "different type" of turned on, depending on whether it is by men or women. Anyone else experienced this? It's not the feeling of being attracted more to women than men, it's a separate feeling, where I feel a kind of "harsh" arousal for men, focused on penetration, a selfish kind I guess, concentrating only on the idea of myself getting off. Whereas with women, I find it more of an "overall" and "sensual" kinda turned on, with desire to be kissed etc and also am turned on by the idea of getting the other girl off which I do not feel when thinking of men. I hope this makes sense, apologies if I am just blabbering, just wondering if anyone else can relate? Not a problem for me at all, just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this! :icon_bigg

2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean. The thing you need to realise about bisexuality is that being bisexual doesn't mean you are necessarily attracted the both genders at the same time, in the same way or to the same degree.

Some bi people, like girls and guys in different ways. A bit like you describe. Some alternate between liking one and the other whilst others are always attracted to both. Some bi people have a preference to one gender over the other whilst some are 50/50. Some bi people only want to be in a relationship with one where some would be happy to have a boy and girlfriend (if they are also open to that).

The important thing to realise is all of the above ok. There is no set or correct way to be bisexual.

For myself (as you asked) I have very different tastes in guys and girls. I have a much more general taste in girls and very specific tastes in guys and as such would be more likely to find a girlfriend than a boyfriend. However, if you put my perfect girl and perfect guy (as per my tastes) in front of me I'd have equal 50/50 intensity of attraction. Also, the nature of attraction would be different (although equally intense) similar to how you describe.

So as you can see it's not as straight forward black and white as some may believe. Hope this sheds some light in the issue for you. If you want to discuss anything further, please feel free to message me or post on my wall.

Happy days :slight_smile:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure about your orientation but I can tell you a few things
    Now all bisexuals are 50/50

there are bisexual women that like women more than men but have romantic and emotional feelings for both
    there are bisexual women that like men more and have romantic and emotional feelings for both sexes

there also bisexual women and men that are heteromantic bisexual which means
    they are only romantically and sexually attracted to the opposite sex but only sexual to the same sex or occasionally like sleeping with the same sex also know as heteroflexible

there are bisexual women and men that are homoromantic bisexual which means they are only romantically and sexually attracted to the same sex but only sexually attracted to the opposite or occasionally like sleeping with the opposite sex also know as homoflexible .

bisexual isn't on how much you like the opposite or the same sex what accounts if if you you have attraction to both sexes . If you don't have attraction to both sex then your either gay or straight .

also there are some bisexuals that are 50/50
    some people tend to paint bisexual as black and white 50/50 when it is far from the truth and false
    Anyway I hope this helps .

#3 stocking, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  4. Rumpletubb

Yeah, I can relate. With men, more harsh, rough and animalistic.
    With women, it's more sensual.

With room for exception for both of the before-mentioned.

Guess it's quite natural, since male is the "harder" sex and female the "softer".

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm agreeing with everything said above, but I also know what you mean. I've had it too, so you're not alone :wink:

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My attractions are actually even less monolithic - I get the same variations, from "rough" to "sensual," but it seems to vary constantly depending on the person and on the moment. In one moment I see a guy and think he's sexy, the next I see a different guy that I just wish I could reach out and kiss him, the next second I'm day-dreaming of just hanging out with my crush - simply because she's awesome, nothing more.

Heck, you've been reading the posts - not one person is ever the same as the next in their experience of attraction, especially with bisexual individuals. It's horridly confusing, but I guess I've just got to live with it and go with the flow.

7. Rumpletubb

If you are singel and bisexual, I'd imagine that sex never grow boring. New individuals and the difference the sexes give in lust.

If I get dumped by my girlfriend (five years and going!) I wouldn't die of boredom after I've accepted the loss.
    Heaven forbid, though.

8. wanderinggirl

I agree too, with men it's more selfish and specific but with women it's more all-encompassing, focused on them, softer. I think I crave the latter kind more often but sometimes I want 3 minutes with a guy and that's it.

9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a general attraction to women but no general physical attraction to men. I do however have a physical attraction to my BF, but it's not the same kind of attraction as with women. It's not so much a desire to have sex with him (although we have) but mainly to be physically close to him, like two magnets sticking together. This attraction only developed after I developed a close emotional bond with him. I also have a desire to please him physically, as he does me. I'm not a fan of penetrative sex, is uncomfortable if we're not careful. I can't stand for other guys to even touch me in any intimate way, much less have sex with them. So I guess I'm a 95/5 % bisexual, but am fulfilled with that 5% in my relationship. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything being with him. Granted, I still find some women physically attractive, but I found some attractive when I had same sex relationships also, didn't mean I felt I needed to act on it. He is still attracted to other women, doesn't act on it either.

10. Omla

Helps!

11. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm attracted to people of all genders and know how you feel. With men my fantasy tends to be about a sensuous wedding night, where as with women I just think about sex. It's not like I wouldn't want to marry a woman or anything, so I'm not quite sure how to explain it.