1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embarrassed about all the biphobia out there

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fortheloveoflez, May 29, 2014.

1. fortheloveoflez

I have read some really biphobic blogs out there and I'm appalled and embarrassed. I usually end up trying to dispel myths and just downright hateful comments even though I'm not bisexual myself. It's just so embarrassing for me to see as a lesbian when other homosexuals have the audacity to discriminate and say stupid things.

So, I wanted to say that I'm totally against that! And let's all stand together as the lgbt community and human beings!

Any other gay or lesbian identified folks sick of biphobia? :thumbsup:

2. Hyaline

After reading all the awful misogynistic stuff brought to light by the Elliot Rodgers shooting that is not that far from me, I am less and less surprised by the awful things people write and say.

I'll admit to not understanding most other classifications other than gay or lesbian. And for me, I shy away from even answering questions on here if the OP isn't gay. Just because I know I can't imagine what they are going through knowing damn well that most straight people haven't a clue what I went through.

You just have to rest in the knowledge that the crap spewed on the internet is by the vocal few, not the silent masses. In truth, the rest of us are busy with our lives and don't have time to rebuttal the awful things that get broadcast across this wonderful mass communication device.

Don't be embarrassed about yourself. Accepting who you are is part of the life experience. Don't let some hateful person's words change your mind about who you are.

3. MyTruth2013

I hear you on that one! Being that Im still closeted, I've struggled with the whole coming out as queer anyways, never mind finding a label. I've often considered coming out as a Lesbian since there is such a huge gap in the acceptence of bisexuals. Gets me depressed sometimes!:bang:

4. Rumpletubb

My best friends (male) boyfriend hates me because I'm bi and liberal in my way of thinking. But, mostly because I'm bi. So sick of it, since they argue when something reminds his bf of me, or after we've talked on the phone or hanged out (which rarely happens nowdays).
    He also refuses to meet me, which is nice...-.-

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually am sick of it it's because of biphobia that some women will be cared and even lie about liking both sexes out of fair we'll dump them and it's not good for either of us . But how do we stop biphobia ?:confused:

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

So many lesbians are insecure and so many people in general think bi men can't exist ;(

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've heard a lot of myths about bisexuals, including that we're all cheaters who want a man and a woman, or that we don't really exist.

8. TheStormInside

I know exactly how you feel. I'd be nervous to come out as bi because of all the biphobia, and because I think I lean more toward women than men and I don't want to be written off by lesbians. But at the same time I'm not sure yet if I'm ready to write men off entirely, either. It's very confusing, and there's enough internal pressure and pressure from heterosexual society... we don't need it from the LGBT side of things, too. I am happy to see a lot of people on this site have been talking out against biphobia, though.

9. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, some identify as bisexual before they realise they are gay. Since this happens, the "real" bisexuals are often more frowned upon.. It's like we still need to figure out we are gay, it's like we can't make up our mind..

For me it's not a big deal that people don't really understand it, but biphobia is indeed something to be embarrassed about, especially when biphobia takes place in our own community..

Thanks for your support! (*hug*)

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Now the reverse is happening where bisexuals are identifying as gay or lesbian because of biphobia . I think it's sad biphobia drove some bisexual people that far because they don't know their are gays and lesbians who have no problem with them being bi

---------- Post added 30th May 2014 at 09:13 AM ----------

But there are lesbians out there that will not care if your bi we're not all biphobic you know
    I have one question for you if you do date a lesbian and end up being girlfriends will you ever tell her your bi or never tell her the truth ?

#10 stocking, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  11. TheStormInside

Yes, I know, I didn't mean to imply all lesbians are biphobic, sorry if it came off that way.

I'm honestly not sure what to consider myself at this point which is why I phrased my post the way I did. I'm still trying to sort out my orientation. But to answer your question more directly, if I determined I was bi I would be direct about it with potential girlfriends, pretending to be gay and pretending to be straight would both be methods of hiding, and after coming out I don't think I'd want to put myself in another closet (albiet with a different set of clothing).

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's ok , some of us are nice actually :slight_smile:
    but I'm glad your planning on coming out when you figure things out because if you put yourself in another closet you will be in for some stress having to find yourself from your own girlfriend .

13. MyTruth2013

Being put into another box or closet is my biggest fear! Why I feel coming out has been adding so much more additional anxity...:icon_sad:
    I think I can only envision myself with a woman romantically, however, I know I'm still sexually attracted to both! Ughhhh:help:

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    To me you sound like a homoromantic bisexual.