1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have i turned from Gay to Bi? (male)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheVelvetRope, May 29, 2014.

1. TheVelvetRope

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well since i was 13, i have always been attracted soley to men and haven't really felt sexual attraction to girls. In year 11 i kinda had a 'crush' on a Girl, i use to always stare at her, talk to her, take her bags to class and enjoyed talking to her, i suppose you can say i had an emotional connection to her. Though i still didn't sexually fantasize about her (although to be fair she was obese). I still went on and fantasized about guys, However since just recently i have paid more attention to women and i have started fantasizing about them. I have been looking at....erm pictures of naked women and enjoying looking at them. In umm Adult movies im also looking at the Women as equally as i look at the guys now. I am 19 now and this has just occurred.

Is this rare? Has this happened to anyone else?

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really wasn't into guys until I was 12(had many girl crushes before etc.). I then experimented with a guy from 13-18(we were the same age). I didn't truly come to consider myself as bi until 22 or so because I thought it was a phase. It isn't until this year at the age of 31 that I have fully come to terms with it.

3. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah this happens sometimes where you perceive yourself to be exclusively this or that... I personally think sexuality is fluid.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe you were always bisexual .:confused:

5. TheVelvetRope

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe, but as i said...My attraction to women has only just occured.

6. Ghosting

Since you're 19, it's possible that part of the whole 'growing up' business re: hormonal changes could be affecting things.

Also, there's nothing wrong if you want to be open to the idea of possibly being attracted to females also (or mostly just a specific one).

There's also nothing wrong with taking time to explore it some more regardless of what direction it goes. You may discover you have bisexual tendencies or you may discover that you were simply 'curious' or you may discover something else.

Sexuality isn't necessarily a fixed and rigid thing or something that is pre-programmed into us at our birth which immediately makes itself known at puberty.

Not quite the same, but before I questioned my gender identity, I developed strong feelings for my female best friend and they were strong enough that I questioned if I could be bisexual. That ended up not being the case, but it was a confusing experience because my previous feelings had all been male-oriented.

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual orientation isn't necessarily a static position. Indeed, as mentioned above, you make have always been bi, but only just realised your attraction to girls. Sometimes you need the right type of person or stimulus to make you realise certain tastes. Maybe your taste in girls is more specific than a more general taste in guys. I can understand that as it's the same bit the other way round for me (general taste in girls, specific taste in guys).

Of course I can't tell you who and what you are and how you feel. Only internal reflection and objective self consideration can reveal that.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had the opposite I allways focused on ladys until my twenties

9. birdking

it's totally normal for your sexuality to change, a friend of mine was gay and he now identifies as pansexual.

sexuality is fluid! it can change sometimes.

10. TheVelvetRope

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's just so weird. When I was in the 'denial phase' I tried so hard to get erections to girls..Never happened, now all of a sudden I'm hooked on them. And no I don't have 'specific' tastes in girls (at least on picture). If they are pleasing to look at that pretty much is enough for me.

#10 TheVelvetRope, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  11. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual tastes definitely shift...sometimes over years, sometimes from week to week, sometimes within a day. There's certainly nothing to worry about in it...although it can make a long term *monogamous* relationship difficult to carry off. At 19 I would suggest experimenting a bit to see if this is just visual infatuation, or if you really enjoy sexual contact with women as well as men...but also avoiding long term plans, at least until you understand yourself a bit better, and what you want from a long term relationship (if you want one at all).

12. Jason1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Omfg I'm the exact same way. I thought I was gay and during the denial phases I tried everything to get myself into girls. Yes I did get erections but I had to try hard. Now I don't even try at all. I am little bit more attracted to guys but when I get my ideal
    Woman and ideal male I think I would much rather me with the women. So I am bisexual :slight_smile:

13. TheVelvetRope

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well i'm still a virgin so i don't know how real intimacy would go with either gender :lol:

But yeah when i visualize myself with a women in sex, i seem to be enjoying it...Still can't believe this has happened.....Lost for words really haha

14. paranoidkid

I think your just a horny dude. wait till a few yers and it will calm down and you will be attracted to solely men again! do not worry