1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused... Help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by chatoyant, May 31, 2014.

1. chatoyant

Hi!
    I'm a female teenager and thinking that I may be bisexual. It wasn't until recently that I really considered my sexuality. I never felt different but recently I've been developing crushes on not only guys but girls. I think that I feel emotionally and physically attracted to both girls and guys. Although I've never been in a real relationship so I'm not sure. I don't want to put any labels on myself until I'm sure but I also feel that I'm hiding a part of myself and I would like to share my girl crushes to my friends along with my guy ones! I just don't want to say anything until I'm sure, but I am pretty sure because I can stop these feelings! I'm sorry this was so long but I don't know where else to turn and I would appreciate some good advice more than you can imagine! Thanks!!

2. jahow95

How old are you? There's nothing wrong with what you're feeling. Personally, as a guy, I am keeping same sex feelings to myself until such a time that I'm sure of how I feel. Don't want to cause a fuss.
    Anyway... advice, advice... Er.. I don't know, keep testing the water on both sides I guess? Just continue to see how you feel towards guys and girls. Relax and give it a couple of years and then look back on the evidence you've gathered.
    The one thing I do know is that your sexuality is not something you can figure out overnight, so don't try to, you'll hurt your mind.
    Either way, you don't have a choice and there's nothing you can do to change it, so why worry about it?

3. Najlen

I have never been in a relationship either, but I know I'm lesbian. Your post is relatively short, by the way. Are your friends accepting? If you don't know, you could play the what if game or bring up LGBTQ rights or issues in a conversation and see how they react. If they seem accepting, and you feel comfortable telling them, go ahead. Even if not all of them are, it's often easier for people to accept when the person telling them is a friend, at least in my experience. If they need time, let them have it and try to be patient. Did you mean to say "can't stop these feelings"? because you can't. You can ignore them, but they won't go away. I understand how confusing it can be. It is normal to be confused for a while. The thing that helped me the most was imagining what different scenarios would be like with a guy and with a girl. It never felt quite right imagining a guy. Look up the Kinsey Scale, if you haven't already. That can also be helpful. Good luck!

4. chatoyant

Thank you for the feedback! I definitely think I'm going to wait a while and make sure that I know what I am before I start telling other people. I'm just going to embrace my feelings and see how it goes from there... Thanks so much