1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to like girls

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Etak, May 31, 2014.

1. Etak

I don't want to like girls, but I do. I don't understand girls. I am afraid to connect with them. I understand guys, and trust them more. I like being around guys. I even know that I can fall for a guy. But with guys there is absolutely zero physical attraction. With girls, there is a very obvious attraction. I have fallen for girls before- a lot more girls than guys, actually, and I tend to fall harder and quicker. And yet, I still can't really see myself spending the rest of my life with a girl.

Is this normal? Does anyone else feel this way? Does it ever go away?

2. TheVelvetRope

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So what, do you get sexually aroused by guys at all? Or is it only women

You might just think that you can only see yourself with a guy simply because of social standards that have been placed on you since you were very young...Not saying that's the definite case with you but it seems it is with a lot of confused LGBT

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems to me that you're not comfortable enough about your attraction towards girls yet. Why are you afraid to connect with girls?
    I also feel like I don't understand women, and they make me somewhat nervous while I feel quite comfortable around guys, and maybe I'll always have more male friends than female friends, Idk, but I know it's a woman I wanna hold in my hands and be in a relationship with.

4. thekillingmoon

Maybe you haven't met a girl that you'd be compatible with yet. What prevents you from connecting with girls? I think guys are often easier to talk to, but that's probably because I don't care whether they find me attractive or not.

5. You're lesbian because you fall for girls hard. It's just you don't connect with the girls yet.
    Human tends to confuse sex with love or vise versa anyway....

6. seeking

I could never see myself spending the rest of my life with a guy even before i fully accepted that i was a lesbian.I would tell my ma when i was young. I never want to marry a man or be with a man the rest of my life. I just can't see it happening. I do think it's easier to talk to guys because they are not the apple of my eye. You might still be in the process of accepting yourself. I think it will go away the more you accept yourself.

7. black-cat

I only had sexual feelings towards girls, as shallow as it may be, but I just liked girls bodies. I had romantic and sexual feelings towards guys. I don't like girls, or most of their personalities. Then about 5 days ago, I was washing my hair and my whole world fell around me. I could and can now invision myself with girls. Romantically as well as sexually. I literally woke up one day and had romantic feelings towards girls.... And this feels right.

So yes, I guess I would say that it is normal and it will most likely fade one way or another

8. Etak

Hi everyone, thanks for all your responses. Sorry I'm so late getting back to you, SAT prep has been really intense.

I'm afraid to connect with girls because I have gotten hurt by them a lot. But more than that, I'm afraid it isn't right. I have this fear that I'll get involved with a girl, and then realize I'm straight. This is unreasonable, because I tend to have more fatherly/ brotherly relationships with guys, and have zero attraction to them. I should also add that I've been more interested in building relationships with guys in general, because my father died in November. For a long time even before that, I was looking to other guys to fill that void. Another facet of this is that my father was sick and verbally abusive, and he told me no one would ever want to marry me. I can't help but wonder if this has caused some anxieties about my sexuality.

Anyway, thank-you all. I appreciate the time you took to respond.

9. wanderinggirl

I definitely had the fear that I would discover I'm straight while being involved with a girl, and break her heart, as well as then not know where to go from there, identity-wise. I ended up casually dating a few girls in a really noncommittal way and seeing how I felt, then wound up dating my exgirlfriend for 7 months. But if it hadn't been for that "trial" period I wouldn't have been able to be in a fulfilling relationship with her. Even while we were dating I had that fear, but I think it was made up by me to protect me from my own feelings which I had been denying for so long.