1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two situations - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tightrope, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen the following happen with people I know. I don't know if it means "something" or it means "nothing."

The first is a teenage girl who, while seated at a restaurant, grabbed the adult woman next to her at the table in the bosom. It was super fast and out of left field. It was ignored. This young girl was fawned over when very young for her appearance and then sort of fell out of favor with additional kids, and became more quiet and withdrawn. She is now in her late teens and shows no interest in boys, not even verbally.

The second is also a teenage girl who went to her own prom. She also went to the prom of another girl as her male date, essentially in drag, because that girl didn't have a date to the prom. I viewed this as similar to a guy not having a prom date and then asking one of his guy friends who could pull off the evening gown thing to come to his prom. That someone would go for that is highly unlikely. This late teenager also shows no interest in boys, not even verbally.

Since this is the part of the forum where people bring up anecdotal stuff and ask for input, I'm doing the same. The answer, or even that it happened, doesn't affect what I think about them and the situation. I just wanted to hear what people who are more savvy on this think and some women's insights may be helpful.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well apologies for not bringing a woman's insight.

If you feel like you interact with them a lot and they still don't bring up boys, ever, I think there's a good chance you're on to something - however if it's just occasional chats here and there then that's not a good way to judge it.

If you saw what the first one did at the restaurant correctly, I'm guessing she's at the very least questioning... For the second, I think it is equally possible that she just has friends that are very comfortable with breaking barriers like so - as a joke.

3. Najlen

They sound as if they could very well be lesbian, or at least bi. It could be something entirely different, though, especially with the second girl. I would have to know them or have a lot more details to make a good guess, though.

4. Karabeara

I went with my best friend to her homecoming with her because I'm homeschooled. And she's completely straight and I don't have a crush on her. Without knowing them I can't asses them and without asking them neither of us can. But if you're not really close friends with them just let it play out and whatever happens is cool don't ask them.

#4 Karabeara, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Correct. I won't.