1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little to no sex drive but not asexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by butHitlerisDead, Jun 1, 2014.

1. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, I don't know where to start explaining this but I guess I'll try.
    So I've always felt attracted to guys, but about a year ago when I was 14 I fell in love with my best friend (we're both girls) and kind of came to the conclusion I am bisexual but had been ignoring my attraction to women because I had simply assumed I was straight because I was attracted to guys and thought I was simply jealous of the way other women looked. However, I say I'm attracted to both men and women, and I don't mind kissing either gender and don't mind the thought of having sex with them, but I don't feel any pushing desire to have sex. Honestly, I could live my whole life without sex (but not necessarily being "alone") and be perfectly content; however, I like the thought of being physically intimate with someone. It's like candy or something, I enjoy it while I'm eating it, but unless it's right in front of me I don't miss it at all. Is this weird? I'm 15 now and have never masturbated (because I feel no need to) or felt a drive to have sex. Is this weird or a common thing?
    My physical attraction to people is pretty weak, which is why I frustrated myself for so long trying to figure out if I was bisexual or straight, but couldn't decide if I was even attracted to guys much less girls, but it's definitely there, so I'm fairly certain I'm not asexual.

2. Najlen

You could be gray asexual or demisexual. Gray = some sexual attraction but not much,
    demi = sexual attraction sometimes develops after you develop an emotional bond. Google them for more info. Good luck!

3. NHDave

NHDave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure there is any "category" for this, or that there even needs to be. Some people just have a lower sex drive than others, and this has been known to sexologists for many decades. Humans have a love of categorizing everything (researchers think its hardwired into our DNA). Sex drive is directly affected by hormone levels, so chances are yours are out of the "normal" range. If it doesn't bother you or interfere with your life, it's not a problem.