1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely lost on where I fit in

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PharmGirl, Jun 2, 2014.

1. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in pharmacy, which means I like labels. I like everything having a place and having a name, even if it's just filed under "misc." So, it should come as no surprise that it's upsetting for me to not really know what my "label" is.

I find people sexually attractive, but it's not their gender that makes or breaks it for me. I find someone's personality attractive, which in turn makes me view their body as attractive. There have been times where I've crushed on people without knowing what their legal gender is because I can't tell from looking at them.

I used to think "Oh, well I must be bisexual!" But then the small group of people whom I've discussed this with started saying, "It sounds like you're pansexual" or "It sounds like you're omnisexual" etc.

In the research I've done, it seems like omnisexual isn't really a term that's used often and pansexuality is a sort of controversial thing.

So I'm not really sure, am I still considered bisexual if I can be attracted to anybody, regardless of what they identify as, or is pansexual the proper term for this?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think your pansexual

3. Quandary

Out Status:
    A few people
    I go with pansexual, but it's because I find all the options (including ones that don't fit neatly under male or female) attractive. Doesn't necessarily have to begin with personality. It could be called bisexual and doesn't really matter if it is sometimes, but it's relevant to include those other possibilities.

Use whichever one you think is more accurate, and consider the other one a "when in Rome" option imo.

4. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! I feel like the definitions I've found on pansexuality hit closer to home for me, but I wasn't entirely sure if it was a "recognized term", if that makes sense.