1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to call this but is a label even necessary for this type of thing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aspie musician, Jun 2, 2014.

1. More emotionally attracted to women but more sexually attracted to men...
    Most of the time.This changes around now and then but for a briefer period of time.
    Feel a need to have both sexes in my life but not sure if that is realistic.

Not completely sure if this requires a label...

Would want one on the one hand but not sure if I do either.Either way it would be interesting to hear people's opinions.

This will hopefully be my final post on this matter.

Not sure where to go from here.I suppose this could change in time but honestly not sure if it will since this has been carrying on for a number of years.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think a label for it is necessary unless like people your dating ask

I don't think it requires a label but I think it's up to the person if they want to label it or not

3. Yeah.
    I quite like the idea of not giving a label at the moment.Part of me still wants a label...but its a smaller part of me now.

Maybe the label becomes less of an issue as time goes by (kinda feels like that at the moment).

I understand the technical aspects of it anyway so a label would possibly be confining and not necessary

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah , I think you should only label when your ready and when you want to don't feel like you have to do it .

5. Yeah.
    That makes sense.
    Thank you ,that really helps.I feel better about this now

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your welcome glad to help :slight_smile:

7. Mercedes Benz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I would not be concerned putting a label to anything and I hope you don't feel pressured to do so. When you are ready then classify what you like.

8. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well everyone has romantic attraction and sexual attraction. Most of the time these attractions are the same so that a homo-romantic homosexual, would simply identify as homosexual because it is implied that they are also romantically attraction to their own gender.

However, not everyone experiences romantic attraction for the same gender they experience sexual attraction to. It's not as common, but not impossible. You, from what I gather in this post, seem like you would be a hetero-romantic homosexual.

The question is how do you identify if someone asks? Maybe you can simply say "I'm attracted to men sexually, but women emotionally." It's up to you and I don't think anyone on a forum can successfully answer that question for you.

9. Would say I am biromantic leaning towards heteromantic.Sexually it is same sex attraction most of the time.But like I said there are brief periods where this flips around but it usually only lasts a month or so.
    I think explaining it to someone should the need arise may be the solution if someone asks.
    Do not really feel comfortable with a label at the moment.Maybe at a later stage,I dont know.

10. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get like this where I feel an intense romantic and sexual attraction for guys and then it'l flip around and it'll be intense attraction to girls. Sexuality is very fluid especially with bisexuality. It'll change all the time. But like the others have said, you don't have to label yourself. No need to put a label on love :wink:

11. I suppose I am biromantic homosexual...
    As much as I would like a relationship with a girl and despite the fact that I feel more emotionally attracted to them than men,sexually it just wont work out.

I have always wanted a girlfriend and breasts can be somewhat of a turn on but thats about it.

I suppose this all means that I will never find a girlfriend.There is some romantic attraction to men but its not as intense as women.

Sex does eventually probably become an issue as much as I wish it would not have to.People have needs at the end of the day.

I would have loved to have an asexual relationship with the opposite sex,but the chances of that happening are low.

And its not REALLY what I want since I would prefer a long term relationship...

Sigh

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:47 AM ----------

I just wish things were different

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:51 AM ----------

They are not though.
    The fluid periods just do not last long enough.
    Its okay.Things are as they are.

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:58 AM ----------

Its easier to just admit it and get on with my life.

12. Its really a clash between romantic and sexual orientation and no clue what to do.No1 can tell me either haha

13. You gotta just live and experiment. One day you will find your comfort zone.

14. Hey.Had a talk with someone and feeling better now.
    I think it will depend on the person and not the gender in the end.
    If I find someone that I really love then perhaps emotional attraction and sexual attraction will go hand in hand.
    As for this changing,I doubt it will technically.It can,however,''change'' in a sense if the person is ultimately worth it (whatever gender that person may end up to be).

It would be silly to try and limit myself with this type of thing by actively ''picking a side''.Its tempting,but I feel I would not really be true to myself.I think I will be true to myself though if I remain open to both possibilities and allow whatever relationship that comes along to follow its natural course.

15. Things are clearer now. Dont ask how or why.