1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first girl crush, what's next? - advice needed

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Klaxon, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Klaxon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So let me start at the beginning: All my live I have been kind of tomboyish. I had a few boyfriends and I totally loved to be with men, all my life. And since my teens I have been physically close to girls, it was never a special or unnormal thing for me, I even had my first kiss with a girl. I think I always thought that this behavior between girls is normal and everyone feels like this, that other girls are attractive and that the physical attraction is just a normal thing. I have always had more male than female friends though.

But about 6 months ago I came across some ftm blogs, people, videos etc and I started to read and research about sexuality and gender and all those things. Then I came to see that I'm probably bisexual. I've never met a girl that I could be attracted to in a romantical and sexual way. It was either the one or the other. But I always felt that this had something to do with the fact that I've never actually met the "right" girl for both to happen. But finally I decided to accept my sexuality, to let it happen and be open for it.

Anyways. A few months ago I met a girl, a friend of a friends friend. So we never got to talk. About 2 weeks ago I saw her at a (lgbtq) party. We started talking and saw each other again after a few days because of mutual friends. I always thought she was stunning and had this really interesting aura that I wanted to get to know. And now that we are getting to know each other better, I feel that I'm developing a crush on her. It's not that I'm forcing this in any way, I just let it happen and do not block any feelings.
    She is bi, she once mentioned this. But I think she suspects I'm straight.

The problem is: when I meet a guy and I' attracted to him, I know exactly how to show him that, how to flirt, how to make compliments and send him signals. But I have no clue how to do that with a girl who besides thinks I'm not even interested or would ever be interested.

Well, thanks for reading so far. I hope you get my "problem" and have some good advice for me :rolle:

Btw I'm not out to anyone, because the decision to explore this side of my sexuality is pretty fresh. But I know my friends won't be that surprised and will def support me. I'm still not sure though how to tell them and so I couldn't talk to anyone about that girl (which is hard). So thanks for listening :wink:

#1 Klaxon, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for in terms of advice. If you like this girl, go for it. Even if you haven't come out to her as bi, subtle flirting goes a long way to find out if she is interested in you as well. And if it does work out between you two, just introduce her to your friends as your girlfriend, and if someone says "wait, why didn't you tell me you were bi?" just say it never came up. Unless you want to tell them beforehand, then I'm sure they would be very supportive of you. Maybe just casually bring it up, somehow slipping it into the conversation, or even pull your friend aside and be all like "there's something I want to tell you..."

3. BleachedHair

BleachedHair Guest

Hi!

My humble advice for anything like this is to simply experiment... My philosophy is if you feel something for someone, go for it. Don't be afraid just do it. Push your boundaries you know. Hope this helps - t