1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Square Block in Circle Hole

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by intheclouds97, Jun 3, 2014.

1. intheclouds97

This may get a bit long, so I apologize in advance...
    When I first found out about people being gay, I wondered if maybe I could be gay. I then remembered that I was straight, but for some reason I still wanted to be a part of the LGBT+ community.
    Fast forward a few years to when I find out that I think girls are cute (I am a cis female) and I have slight sexuality crisis. Part of me was so happy to find out that I was not straight, and the other part of me decided that I just subconsciously wanted to be gay so badly that I made myself like girls.
    Now, as a 16 year old, I still can't really figure out if I truly am what I say I am. To those who know, I'm bisexual, and sometimes I can be confident with that, but sometimes (right now) I decide that I must be making it up for attention. Since I never "really" found girls attractive until high school, my brain thinks that my attractions are not real.
    Please, if anyone's ever dealt with this before, some advice (or at least comforting words) would mean the world to me.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    if thats how you feel, try to look through your past to see if you EVER found girls attractive?

3. intheclouds97

Before that point, I found girls as attractive as the average straight girl. The only thing I did that straight girls didn't do was look up girls skirts (which is a terrible thing and younger me was a terrible person for it).

4. Najlen

You could try imagining yourself in different situations with a man and then a woman. Try to relax and not expect to like one or the other better, or it will be difficult to find out what you actually feel. This is the best advice I can give you, though you might also want to look up the Kinsey Scale. It may take you a long time to figure this out, don't rush it. Good luck!