1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if I'm lesbian or bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Elementsroyalty, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Elementsroyalty

I'm fairly certain I'm attracted to girls. I'm very happy and comfortable in their company and find many of them good-looking. The idea of being in a relationship with one excites me

Boys, I'm not so sure about. I don't like hanging around them that much because I feel quite uncomfortable and nervous. I do find it flattering when they find me attractive. But, at the same time, I get scared when they flirt with me and I always try hard to seem uninterested. Occasionally though, I'll find one good-looking and charming.
    I don't know if I would be happy to be in a relationship with one, because I don't have much experience with boys or dating for that matter.

Am I attracted to boys-just very awkwardly- or am I just plain uncomfortable and unhappy around them?

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

You sound just like me when I was younger.. How old are you?

I can't tell you your own sexuality.. I can only guess but i'm not the one who truly knows.. It takes time for sexuality to become clear for some. To me you do sound at least bisexual. Could you have sex with a girl? If yes and you also picture walking alongside them hugging and kissing then yes you are bisexual or maybe even Lesbian. Just my guess though.. :slight_smile:

3. chatoyant

I'm in a bit of a similar situation... I'm not sure if I'm bisexual or lesbian but I'm almost positive that I'm not straight. I don't have much experience with relationships either but I have been told by many people that I should just relax and not rush anything. You will figure it out eventually just take some time to get to know yourself and what you like. Test the waters and imagine how you'd feel being with a girl or with a guy. I know it sucks and that you just want to know what you are, I feel the same way. But I guess we just have to be patient. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It could go either way, depending on what and how you feel.

There's honestly two ways to look at this; you find men attractive but don't like their advances toward you. There are different ways that both a lesbian or bisexual could feel like this.

For lesbians: They find men physically appealing, like looking at a painting. However, they cannot see the desire in being sexual or romantic with a man. So basically men are "good-looking"...like a kitten is. Cute but non-sexual. They don't like advances from men because they have no sexual interest in men.

For bisexuals: They find men physically appealing, as well as desire sexual and romantic acts with them. That desire could be anything from being a hook-up to only wanting to sleep with men you fall in love with. However, they can still get unwanted or awkward advances from men. Maybe the man wasn't attractive to them, maybe he was a creep, or the bisexual person in question is more conservative and doesn't like advances from people they don't know (Truth be told, I'm a kinsey 6 lesbian and I'm like this- I get uncomfortable and dislike women flirting with me and making advances, but yet when I know who they are and they've moved slowly, I'm not awkward to their advances).

With all that in mind; I think the first question you want to ask is do you feel SEXUALLY attracted to men? Do you want to have sexual relations or a relationship with a man in the future? This will make the question of which sexuality you are much easier.

5. Elementsroyalty

Honestly, probably not. I don't think I could really ever feel comfortable enough to have a sexual relationship with a man.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You are a lesbian with aesthetic attraction to men, my friend