1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual? Lesbian? None of the above?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by brittney, Jun 5, 2014.

1. brittney

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I'm a 19 year old girl in college, and I'm currently questioning my sexuality.

I know for sure I am attracted to girls. However, men I'm not so sure of. I've had two long term relationships with men. Looking back at this, I wasn't in love with either of them. Sex wasn't enjoyable, I wasn't attracted to them sexually. Kissing felt gross, and I didn't want to do anything except chill, play video games, and occasionally hold hands. I haven't ever been attracted to a man sexually, besides one male celebrity. I can appreciate a man's beauty, but not sexually.

I've been going back and forth between thinking I'm a lesbian and thinking I'm bisexual since I was 13. I can't tell if it's my brain just hoping I'm bisexual to please my family, or if that's actually the case. Maybe having someone looking at it objectively as an outsider will help me.

I know that only I will ever be the one to actually discover my identity, but talking and listening to others may help me. Thank you!

2. Tetra

Hey there! First off, welcome to EC!
    It sounds to me like you know the answer to your question. You've never been sexually attracted to a man, so that's a big piece of evidence right there.
    Why not date some women to fully understand yourself? So far you've tried guys, and they aren't working out so well. Once you try to date some girls, you can compare the feelings you've had in both relationships. Which one was more fulfilling? Which one would you rather continue long term? What made you like/dislike certain relationships?
    It's possible to come out as bisexual for the time being while you're exploring, and then change to something else later on.

Good luck!

3. Najlen

I personally would advise against the coming out as bi first road, it can work out great for some people but not everyone.Otherwise, I agree with Tetra.

4. brittney

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much, both of you. I think I knew all along - but your messages helped.