1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, SORT OF. Need to rant.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookBandit, Jun 5, 2014.

1. BookBandit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay. So I identify as Lesbian because I'm sexually attracted to women and would only consider sleeping with or dating women. But I do recognize men as sexually attractive from time to time. I would never sleep with or date them because I'm not romantically attracted to them and men sort of freak me out but the attraction is sort of there. I try not to worry about what I identify as because I know I'll worry way TOO much, but it is troubling me. I think I'm about a 5 on the Kinsey Scale. Idk, I guess I'm just confused whether that's being gay or bisexual. Idk, I just sort of needed to rant and maybe need constructive opinions on this.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Technically bisexual, but the choice of label is yours.

If you called yourself bisexual with a strong preference for females, it might be accurate, but it opens yourself up to men thinking they have a chance when they don't, or unaccepting people trying to persuade you to date guys.

If you called yourself gay, then it would still be fairly accurate (at least in terms of intention) but then there is the chance someone will question your 'gayness' if you ever point out an attractive guy.

Honestly, the choice is entirely yours, it really depends which set of idiots you feel like dealing with...

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    5 is still lesbian, but with occasional heterosexual attractions. And it sounds like that's what you are. So there's no reason to stress. (*hug*)

4. rich96

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hm, sexually/romantically attracted to the same sex, often at times sexually attracted to men, could you care to explain that further please? for example, what runs through your mind during these moments you're sexually attracted to them? As for as us freaking you out, i wouldn't doubt it for a minute, everyone's a creep to someone XD

5. BookBandit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, guys. and Rich, its like I'm 100% attracted to women and would totally consider dating and having sex with them, but with men I just think, "Wow, he's really hot." I have no desire to have sex with them or date them but I get a rush looking at a really attractive man. Like male celebrities. Some of them are so attractive and I just like looking at them.

6. mickeytheles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am the same. I can find a guy attractive and like to look at them but here isn't really anything there for me that I want to do

7. BookBandit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad people understand. I just feel so weird sometimes, like I'm alone in it. Its good to know I'm not. :slight_smile:

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

What you described is not really sexual attraction. Sexual attraction for men means desire to have sex with them. It doesn't have to mean "He's hot so I wanna do him now" but could also apply to "I like the idea of having sex with men/this men, but I want to wait for marriage/a future relationship".

The point is that you need to desire sex with men to be sexually attracted.

Many many lesbians agree that men are "hot" in the same way straight women call women "hot" but don't want to do anything sexual with them. It's an aesthetic thing.

Lesbians can even get off to seeing men masturbate or have sex with either gender and still be lesbians as long as this type of arousal doesn't incite a urge to have sex with the men you're seeing.

You honestly still sound lesbian to me, even kinsey 6 lesbian.