1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of advice.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Monkey1900, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Monkey1900

I need some advice. I thought I came to terms with my sexuality and that I was fine with it, I came out to my parents, sister and ex girlfriend (who I have child with), and they were all shocked but supportive. I was happy for a time but I started becoming depressed, I didn't want to be gay, I was scared my son would grow up being embarrassed and ashamed of me, I became frightened by thought of being intimate with another man. I became emotional at thought of his mother starting a new relationship with another man.
    I managed to convince the ones I came out to and my self that I wasn't gay. I am now back in a relationship with my sons mother and things were going well for about six months. But now all the feelings from before are coming back. I feel awful, I do love her a lot. I don't want these homosexual feelings. I just don't know what to do.

2. jahow95

Honestly mate I don't think I can give you good advice on what you can do. You really are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. I would advise you just to be objective and write down the facts on each side and choose from that how you want to proceed.
    If you can be a good role model, man, and father before anything else I don't see why your sexual orientation will matter to your son.

3. idkgrrrl

I agree with this dude about how your son will feel. But try being honest with your girlfriend first. Tell her that you don't want to hurt her or your son and wanted a second chance to configure your feelings. Tell her that you hope she understands your orientation. If she was supportive before, I'm sure she will be now? Talk it with her first before you tell your parents. Or vice versa. I'm not really good with coming out advice but if they're supportive once, I think they'll stay supportive.

4. Unkempt Harold

I feel there's very little I can say x(. But I feel like your son is gona grow up in a totally different world. A super awesome one IMO where he wouldn't be embarrassed XD

5. Monkey1900

Thanks for the advice. I know running back into the closet was not a good thing. I don't understand why all these negative thoughts and emotions came over me.